iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic issue with 546 valmet harvester

Started by nath78, October 28, 2013, 03:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Quote from: nath78 on November 02, 2013, 11:04:52 AM
like I said Roland hasn't Been much help 7 years on a machine seems kinda short to me if I had the half a million dollars they want for a new machine I think I would just go hunting and save my money like I tell my buddy's I LOG TO LIVE I DON'T LIVE TO LOG.

If they tried to help and you blew them off like you are blowing off all our efforts to help, it's no wonder you are getting those kind of responses. Perhaps an attitude change is what's needed.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jamie_C

Ya it has a 960 valmet dangle head on it I do have a brand new computer that came with machine when I got it where did you get your shuttle valves from like I said Roland hasn't Been much help 7 years on a machine seems kinda short to me if I had the half a million dollars they want for a new machine I think I would just go hunting and save my money like I tell my buddy's I LOG TO LIVE I DON'T LIVE TO LOG.

A 7 year old machine will likely have between 20,000 & 25,000 hours on it. By that point in time you are likely looking at a new engine, new hydraulic pumps, maybe a swing bearing and the list goes on. Easier to get rid of them than to sink another $30,000 plus into a machine that is getting old and tired.

snowstorm

Quote from: Gary_C on November 02, 2013, 12:12:52 PM
like I said Roland hasn't Been much help 7 years on a machine seems kinda short to me if I had the half a million dollars they want for a new machine I think I would just go hunting and save my money like I tell my buddy's I LOG TO LIVE I DON'T LIVE TO LOG.

If they tried to help and you blew them off like you are blowing off all our efforts to help, it's no wonder you are getting those kind of responses. Perhaps an attitude change is what's needed.
just what i was thinking

1270d

10 to 15000 hours of hardwood will about do in a harvester too.    Remember, down time is lost money.

nath78

Sorry for the rant not trying to blow anybody off I never did a thing to Roland I asked if they would send one of there Mobil mechanics down to look at machine got a no on that so I asked if I could send up to them to get looked at also a no so not sure what to do I appreciate all the help that you guys have give in to me. I have two harvesters so this one has just been sitting on my landing but I would like to get it running

Thank You Sponsors!