iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little bit of a Lucas EFI fuel test

Started by sigidi, October 10, 2013, 01:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigidi

Nothing very scientific about it....but....

After getting the EFI model 10, and being happy with the initial fuel usage (https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,65900.msg986119.html#msg986119) and having cut with her for a little while now, I had been thinking about what difference the fuel usage was as compared with my previous carby model 10.

Yesterday, I cut at the dump and ran the fuel tank from full (overflowing full) and I asked Carl (weisyboy) to do the same with BO (he gave her a new home  ;D) my model 10 carby mill.

I know it isn't very scientific, as Carl cut different logs, different days, different places etc. but Carl got 2.7 engine hours on the full fuel tank or 2 hours 42 minutes. With the EFI model a year old now and over 230 hours work I got 4.1 engine hours from the tank of fuel - 4 hours 6 minutes.

So 2 hours 42 minutes versus 4 hours 6 minutes on the same amount of fuel, if doing an example of 12 hours milling per week, over the year - that's 600 hours of engine time...

EFI - 600 hours/4.1 gives tanks of fuel = 146 tanks of fuel at around $11.60 per tank means $1,693.60

Carby - 600 hours/2.7 gives tanks of fuel = 222 tanks of fuel $11.60 per tank means $2,575.20

That is theoretically a huge difference in fuel over the working year.

To be honest i was amazed at thee difference and thought it was closer to 3 hours versus 4 hours, so did Carl, so he's giving another tank a go
Always willing to help - Allan

sigidi

A little bit of an edit - Turns out Weisyboys muffler is stuffed and that may account for the big difference in cutting time between the two models.....We'll give it another go after he has things sorted  ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!