Fava beans and a nice chianti

Started by tule peak timber, May 18, 2019, 06:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

btulloh

HM126

Magicman

Guess that I am sheltered 'cause it is amazing what I don't know and have to Google.  :P  Of course, soon after ah learns it, ah forgets it.  smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

I got the recipe from  a movie :D :D

btulloh

We don't need to know where you got the main course.
HM126

tule peak timber

If you had the guts.....You would ask ?????

WV Sawmiller

Did you get the recipe from Chef Anthony Hopkins? :o
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

69bronco

Our favorite bean! Here the plants attract ants with some sticky stuff. At first I thought it was a problem, then read that it was a pollination thing.

WDH

Y'all keep the beans.  I will take the table. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Skip

I aint scared . What is the recipe and what was the movie . ;D

btulloh

HM126

tule peak timber

A census taker's liver, with fava beans and a nice chianti .
    We decided to pass on the liver..........

Raider Bill

So how did you prepare them and what's the name of the Chianti?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tule peak timber

They are supposed to pulled from the pod, boiled, then shucked to get to the sweet inside bean. I keep a bowl full in the refer and the family eats them like pop corn,  a handful at a time.We just boil the bean and consume skins and all. The plants are almost 6 feet high,falling over from bean weight, and additionally good for the soil.The granddaughter loves them so we try to promote this type of eating  :)

Thank You Sponsors!