iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Roll Tide Roll!

Started by YellowHammer, January 12, 2021, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

For those of you that know me, I can't help but shout "Roll Tide Roll!!"

It was a great game and watching the team be a team was a wonderful thing.  Sabin was as proud for his team as he could be, and the coolest thing was Dickerson lobbying and getting in at the end.  

At least for the next couple days, all is good.  

I can't wait for next year.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Walnut Beast

🙄🙄 unstoppable and locked and loaded every year

btulloh

Impressive win.  They win the recruiting game and then proceed from there.  They are a machine.  Way too much talent and too much depth.  

I'm just glad there was a college fb season and a reasonable bowl schedule.  Anything that's part of normal is a good thing.  I was pulling for Clemson, though, but OSU outplayed them and then went on to lose to a better team.

Enjoy the victory, YH.  We'll get you next year.
HM126

Nebraska

Congrats YellowHammer, I gave up at halftime, when it was obvious Ohio State didn't have the horses. I just want a normal college football season with butts in the seats next fall.

petefrom bearswamp

I only watched until half time.
I smelled an old fashioned butt kicking and turned out to be right.
Bama is awesome.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

RichTired

The Tide did Roll!!! And I enjoyed every minute of it.
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

WV Sawmiller

I think I had something more important to do at the time than watching University of Alabama football (like washing my socks or something). :D

Okay, congratulations. At least is is always good to see the SEC pull off another National Championship. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

BradMarks

Bama was the better team for sure, not even close.  Hated to see Devontae Smith get hurt, he's got quicks in his step.

YellowHammer

Quote from: RichTired on January 12, 2021, 04:37:22 PM
The Tide did Roll!!! And I enjoyed every minute of it.

Me too, there was a fear that we had shown we couldn't finish the game, but as Sabin said, this was a game with no scoreboards, so keep the throttle pinned and finish it.  I grew up with the Bear and even in grade school, thats all we talked about, Bama football, maybe a little Auburn and Tennessee.  However, in the later years, even the Bear would throttle back, and pull up.

Sabin isn't like that, he's full throttle all the time, and he is a football machine.  He eats, drink and lives football, and he expects anyone on his team to do the same.  All players and coaches have replacements and are challenged every single day, to do better than they did the day before.  Some people don't like that attitude, and have criticized him as making football "not fun."  However, in his mind, and the minds of his elite athletes, personal challenges, competition and winning the National Championship are the only goals.  Every other thing supports that, and that includes good grades, staying out of trouble, and being a role model.  He doesn't tolerate anything that would get in the way. 

Considering how many payers and coaches he loses every year to the Pros or head coaching jobs, including the ones he trains in his system (Butch from Tennessee), his success is even more amazing.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

pigman

I was impressed  on how all four teams showed good sportsmanship in the playoffs. I was very disappointed  in the lack of sportsmanship in several  of the other bowl games. 
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!