iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made an offer on this today (up grades )

Started by Bruno of NH, March 08, 2020, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Mike if you see him again ask how much
I got one with a big sidewall tear
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Well the new 4,000lb fork frame didn't survive the hired man .
One week and he has the blades pulling out the top locking bar.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Walnut Beast

That's a bummer. I don't know if it's him being that hard on it or the forks. There is a huge difference between a cheaper set of forks/carrier and a good ones 

Walnut Beast

Heavy duty pallet forks are usually 5,200 to 6,500 lb ratings 

doc henderson

I had a set doing that.  I had to weld some round stock to the bottom so they could not lift up as high.  took a while to figure it out.  still using them without trouble for 8 years.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

That hired guy must be jacking around really lifting stuff on the ends of those forks. He knew you just got those welded on 

cutterboy

YIKES! That's four sets of forks! Maybe that man should stay off the bobcat.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

doc henderson

mine would pop off in a bind that was lifting them up, and then popped off.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

Ouch Bruno how exactly did they fail? Doesn't look they are much different than mine.

Bruno of NH

He prys up on the tips and dives them right in the ground.
He pulls the top locking part of the blades right through the top bracket that locks the forks from moving side to side.

doc henderson

so Bruno, if you have them waist high, and tipped to a neutral position (this is how I slide them) then lift up at the base.  be careful, if they are like mine, they will come off in your hand.  if this is the case, not the fault of your guy.  you can fix them if they are old, or send them back if they are new.  needs more stock on the bottom so they do not lift over the lip on top.

doc henderson

If this is happening and not breaking something in the process, it is prob. too loose.  mine started after I had used them a while, so had to fix mine.

mike_belben

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 06, 2020, 02:08:26 PM
Mike if you see him again ask how much
I got one with a big sidewall tear
Waiting to hear back
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

To start off with, Why is he sticking the forks into the ground? I don't see the need to do that. I have had mine come loose on the top if i drop the forks down to far for the same reason as Doc. I welded some 3/8 rebar along the top then ground in new stops on how wide I want them set at.
Ed K

doc henderson

I welded 1/4 inch round rod on the bottom to fill it in so it would slide, but was stopped from lifting up enough to come over the top rail.

barbender

I have meted out significant abuse to skid steer pallet forks over the years. It's not my nature to treat stuff like that, but a paving crew I worked on I had we were always prying and ripping stuff out of the ground with them. Concrete, stumps, asphalt removals. I wouldn't have done it that way if someone had not instructed me too, but after I got past being sure that prying up from underneath 5" of asphalt was going to bend them for sure,  I realized how tough the dang things are! I don't know how you can bend them, without actually trying. I've tried to bend one of my forks, as it has an "upsweep" to it I didn't notice when I bought them new. Maybe I should borrow them to Bruno and let his guy work on them for a bit😁
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

I will take pictures tomorrow of what he does

mike_belben

I scoop through the dirt to get under stuff all the time.  In the rock quarry ya just had too.  That was with a 950ish sized wheel loader and often lifted the back rubber off the ground.  Have drove it around on the front rubbers a time or two. 
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Did some maintenance on Big Bob today.
Dropped the bottom pan degreased and power washed everything. My logger and tree service friend helped me get the cab power lift working. We serviced the pump and put new atf in it and fixed some leaks. It now lifts and lowers the cab for service. Changed the engine oil and put on a Napa gold filter.Greased everything.
If you don't already know. 
I use Wal-Mart supertech oil in everything. Their oil is blended and packaged by the same company that makes Massey, Case,New Holland and many other name brands of oil.
I have one issue with Bob and my friend doesnt know fuel systems.
He says my injection pump is leaking. Any advice would be appreciated on what I should do. As you all know I'm just learning this repair stuff.
Thanks

Walnut Beast

Your probably going to have to take it off and have a  diesel shop that does injection pumps fix it.

g_man

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 24, 2020, 05:34:02 PM
Did some maintenance on Big Bob today.
Dropped the bottom pan degreased and power washed everything. My logger and tree service friend helped me get the cab power lift working. We serviced the pump and put new atf in it and fixed some leaks. It now lifts and lowers the cab for service. Changed the engine oil and put on a Napa gold filter.Greased everything.
If you don't already know.
I use Wal-Mart supertech oil in everything. Their oil is blended and packaged by the same company that makes Massey, Case,New Holland and many other name brands of oil.
He says my injection pump is leaking. Any advice would be appreciated on what I should do. As you all know I'm just learning this repair stuff.
Thanks
If it has the CAV DPA pump that commonly develope leaks at the throttle shaft or fuel cut-off shaft it is an easy fix. All you need is a couple O-rings and a new gasket.

If I can do it anyone can. You can get a kit and need be a little careful. but it is straight forward.

gg

Dave Shepard

Alitec (Woods) 4000# forks. I was very slowly trying to get under a rock in the cornfield in low range (1.4 mph max) and this what happened. I could hardly believe it. 

Straightened nicely in a small shop press. I've straightened a few in the press over the years.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Hilltop366

That kind of good news and bad news when you can straighten them in a small press. :-\

Dave Shepard

There has to be a balance between toughness and hardness. I was at a place that made granite curbing right after a 30 ton Taylor forklift snapped a fork clean off. They were at least 6" thick at the bend. :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_belben

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 24, 2020, 05:34:02 PM
He says my injection pump is leaking. 
If he doesnt know fuel systems be cautious of his fuel system advice.  
Whats it doin wrong?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!