iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made an offer on this today (up grades )

Started by Bruno of NH, March 08, 2020, 03:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Super-rich oil is probably fine, just make make sure it is diesel rated oil. Any diesel oil will have a C followed by another letter, so CI, CJ, CK. 
Too many irons in the fire

Satamax

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 24, 2020, 05:34:02 PM

I have one issue with Bob and my friend doesnt know fuel systems.
He says my injection pump is leaking. Any advice would be appreciated on what I should do. As you all know I'm just learning this repair stuff.
Thanks
Bruno, if you rev big bob, with the hand throttle (if it has one) does it do this? 
WP 20140424 145125Z - YouTube
Sorry for the inverted image. But what is important is the sound. 
Or at idle, does it sounds every now and then, that it misses a beat? 
Well, mine started like that, and then was stalling more and more. I found a cheap ish, brand new in bow injection pump. So i didn't bother to do the rings and cover joint. But from few websites i've rummaged through. The three symptoms are a tell tale of failing cover joints. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

donbj

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Bruno of NH

The oil is desiel rated heavy duty with all the ratings. 
The engine runs good.
There is some leaks / seepage from the pump.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

The pictures of the pump
The big brass nut on the bottom drips and the fitting on the right on the end.

And what is this round thing under the rad to the right

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

mike_belben

Round thing looks like a hydraulic filter canister or maybe accumulator to me. What type of plumbing is it connected to?
Praise The Lord

sandyo

Round cannister is return line 10 micron strainer just before the tank. 
If anything wrong with the drive  (weak steering) clean/replace this.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: g_man on August 24, 2020, 07:21:58 PM
Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 24, 2020, 05:34:02 PM
Did some maintenance on Big Bob today.
Dropped the bottom pan degreased and power washed everything. My logger and tree service friend helped me get the cab power lift working. We serviced the pump and put new atf in it and fixed some leaks. It now lifts and lowers the cab for service. Changed the engine oil and put on a Napa gold filter.Greased everything.
If you don't already know.
I use Wal-Mart supertech oil in everything. Their oil is blended and packaged by the same company that makes Massey, Case,New Holland and many other name brands of oil.
I have one issue with Bob and my friend doesnt know fuel systems.
He says my injection pump is leaking. Any advice would be appreciated on what I should do. As you all know I'm just learning this repair stuff.
Thanks
If it has the CAV DPA pump that commonly develope leaks at the throttle shaft or fuel cut-off shaft it is an easy fix. All you need is a couple O-rings and a new gasket.

If I can do it anyone can. You can get a kit and need be a little careful. but it is straight forward.

gg
Seems like that could be your fix

Bruno of NH

When I pull the hydraulic filter out to change.
The one in the metal cylinder. 
Will all the hydraulic oil come out when I do it ?
I know it's a dumb ?
But remember who it's coming from.
I want to learn this stuff. 
Thanks 

Bruno of NH

There is a 970 in Maine for sale.
I'm watching it if the price gets right I might be owning it .

mike_belben

I dont know the layout on that machine but the hydraulic cooler is probably in series with the filter and if it is above the filter it will drain out.  Maybe 4 or 5 gallons? Have a few clean pails ready.  I used to have a $10 home depot plastic cement pan that was perfect for those jobs

Dont beat yourself up bruno, yer learnin.  
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

One more ?
The air filter doesn't have a inner filter .
Should it ?
When I look on line it comes up without and with .

mike_belben

Thats hard to say if bobcat made them single or dual.  Does it look like there is space for an inner?  Does the canister have any witness marks from one seated there in the past?
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

What type of hydraulic fluid should I use in Big Bob?
The cheap 303
Universal tractor fluid
Or other 
Thanks

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

snowstorm

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 30, 2020, 01:16:10 PM
What type of hydraulic fluid should I use in Big Bob?
The cheap 303
Universal tractor fluid
Or other
Thanks
all depends on how much you like big bob

Bruno of NH

I like Bob
I'm growing fond of the big fella.

barbender

I'd run whatever the manual calls for. I'd imagine it's an ISO hydraulic fluid, probably a 46 weight, but I'm just guessing. Don't go with the cheapest you can find. I use the oil from our local bulk supplier, I think it's about $10 a gallon.
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

I've been running cheap TSC tractor fluid in my 753 for a long time...
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bandmill Bandit

I started running 15/40 synthetic with a defoamer additive in ALL my industrial hydraulic systems in 1978. 

Had an 76, 1840 Uni-loader that blew out 2 pumps and a drive motor before warranty was up. On the last trip to the case dealer for the repair job, Case put in the 15/40 with the defoamer and the rest is history. Traded it up to an 82, 1845 but never turned a bolt on the hydraulics again in almost 5000hrs. 

The 1845 is still running at just past 20,000 hrs. Had full tear down rebuild of engine, pumps, motors, rams and bushings at just shy of 17,000 as it was just plain tired and I did an engine refresh at just shy of 9000 before I sold it. Other  than a few hoses and bucket bushing that thing has been a good and reliable little work horse on the farm. Ran 2 more 1845Cs up to 7-8000 ish hrs with the 15/40 mix with narry an issue.     
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!