iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bosch Nano Saw

Started by joe_indi, June 02, 2017, 05:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_indi

Today's newspaper here carried an article on Bosch launching their Nano mini chainsaw.
Costs about $ 167
http://www.in.techspot.com/news/hardware/bosch-launches-its-miniature-chainsaw/articleshow/58857611.cms

YouTube has only this video
https://youtu.be/e_9cwajeBlE

sprucebunny

It's cute  :D

The article says it cuts straighter than a jigsaw which is logical since the blade is wider but other than some fine chainsaw carving, I don't see why I need this.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Crusarius

Jigsaw reciprocates. that mini chain saw will be continuous. much like comparing a portaband to a sawzall. Ignore the throat depth differences.

gspren

Quote from: sprucebunny on June 02, 2017, 06:58:13 AM
It's cute  :D

The article says it cuts straighter than a jigsaw which is logical since the blade is wider but other than some fine chainsaw carving, I don't see why I need this.
Sometimes you need/want something just because it's cute.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

LeeB

Wonder if it would be of any use to the timber frame crowd for cutting joints?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

Don't think it has the depth of cut for the timber frame folks, a bit over 2"?

But for folks working with live edge slabs for table tops etc can see how it could be useful.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

bluthum

Wow! That's wild and a little scary looking. I'd be more skeptical if it wasn't from Bosch as I've never had any disappointments with any of their power tools.

joe_indi

We might even have Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey starring in a remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre   :D

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Ljohnsaw

I bet it is an offshoot of surgery tools...  you could plunge cut a femur! :o
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ada Shaker

OOooooooh, I need a new key ring holder.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

Thank You Sponsors!