Hilltop366

Their locations finder shows one at:

Krown Caro and Keinath Automotive
1065 E CARO ROAD, SUITE 2
Caro, Michigan 48723
United States
989-286-3898

doctorb

You might be a different person if you had to sell that land in the UP.  great story.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Sixacresand

Nice truck.  I agree with the marsh mellow analogy with any low to the ground car.  Good deal on keeping the land. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Stephen1

Its great when things come together, and it wasn't even the plan!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Wudman

That's got to feel good.  Congrats.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Jeff

Thanks for all the acknowledgements. :)

Its so cold I haven't done anything with the mustang except get it moved up into the slot in the garage where Hoopty was do I could "push" my 8n back in. It wont start from being outside because its so cold. I put it in the barn and have a propane heater pointed on it to try and get it to come back alive before we get the big snow predicted.

The mustang may be a hotrod by looking at everything on the engine. I see the very first thing I need to do is get some different plug wires and some sort of heat protection for them. the ones on it are cooking on the headers.

I had already worked on this car before I even bought it.  The fellow that had it likes cars, has several cars. KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT CARS. :D  The mustang quit on him this summer. just died going down the road at 55mph.  He had it towed home and it had been in his garage.  In our talks I had grilled him on it trying to trouble shoot it, because it was going to have to run for me to consider it.   The car has a MSD box, with a MSD distributor and coil. It has a duel pump holly and electric fan, and electric fuel pump and an electric water pump and a huge stereo with an amp in the trunk.

Does it have spark? He didn't know. Fuel? "well, I had filled it up 10 minutes before it died." Hmmmm.   Anyhow, talking to him, he was being straight forward and I figured the way it quit it was something simple.   When I got down to Rockford to look it over Saturday morning, I took a spark tester, a 12 volt test light, my battery load tester, and a can of starting fluid. First thing I checked for was spark.  No spark at the coil. I tested for current and there was a hot wire going to the MSD box, but I could not get it to activate and fire the coil. So, maybe low voltage, so, I was going to test the battery. it might be charged as he said, but it needs to put out at least 10.2 volts to ftrigger the MSD box. I went to unhook the negative cable, and it came off with a twist. AHA!   I went ahead and tested the battery and it was fine, so I cleaned the terminal and put them back on. This thing is a wiring nightmare. Another first thing I will need to do when it gets warm is to clean up all them wild wires. Okay, tested the multi spark, still nothing. I find two cheap crimp on wire extension connections and redo those. Nope, nothing. So I take and put the coil wire back on the coil but unhook the box from it and try to trigger the box. Another aha! Now the box triggers! Nothing wrong with the box as long as it is not hooked to the coil.  I forgot to add, this guy got some advice from his coworkers that the problem must be the msd system. So he had bought a whole new box, distributor and coil and put it on (hence the cheap connectors) So, now I know the battery is good, the box itself is good, so could it be the coil?? New parts sometimes don't work out of the box, but it wasn't running before  he changed it so how could that be it? I hooked everything back up and turned the lights out and had him turn the engine over again. WALLAH! I could see the positive wire on the coil sparking to the side of the coil tower. I had him turn it off and I felt the coil near the arcing. felt like a crack. I asked him, any chance you dropped that coil when you was putting it on?  "Um, maybe?"  I'm pretty confident now. I said did you save the coil you took off? YUP Its right here.   I put the old coil on and the engine fired first try.

So, I figure the entire no start problem began with was a loose ground cable not allowing the MSD box to work. He bought another $500 in parts to fix it that he didn't need for a loose battery cable.  

Wiring nightmare.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

maple flats

That makes the deal even better, and you can still hunt up north on YOUR land.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

My new to me truck has a feature I've never had in a vehicle before. :)

doc henderson

that comes in handy on the coldest mornings!  congratulations!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Andries

That "feature" is a game changer.
I've had mine for a few years now and love it!
Used to be that during hellishly cold weather, the rear view mirror seemed to be adjusted for someone taller, until my butt warmed up the seat enough for the foam to thaw out. Not anymore.
😂😂
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Jeff

Even the key fobs are pristine! :D

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Quote from: thecfarm on January 23, 2019, 02:59:50 PM
heated seats?
Honestly, i dunno yet. I parked it after bringing it home and have not been back in it!

Jeff

Well, I'm just starting to get to know our new pony. We loaded it in a negative zero windchill, and unloaded it in the dark with it even colder. Since then we had a snow storm and now its back to below zero and they say it may stay that way for 10 days.

I went out today to try and get a feel for what we have, buts its just so cold. Things I now know.

Posi rear end
Traction bars.
Electric fan
Electric water pump
Electric fuel pump
Msd ignition system
Duel feed duel pump Holley 670 CFM Street Avenger Carburetor

Kenwood stereo system with amp.
Race style bucket seats
351w engine

There are a lot of go fast accessories on this car, but I have no idea yet if its all show or its really feeding a beast. Im anxious for warm dry weather to feed and ride our new pony to see if its a stallion or ready for the glue factory!

I tried to take some pictures, but its pretty congested out there right now.

Don P

Compression check, if that Windsor is tight you'll have a good time trying to keep rubber under it.

Jeff

To cold to even think about working on the car, but i did a little snooping around.  Turns out The intake manifold is a ford motorsport single plane race manifold.

Ill be replacing the wires, they all have burn spots from the headers. Also doing something about the routing. Those wires shouldnt be zipped together like that!

bigred1951

Personally I would get rid of the electric water pump unless you plan on racing the car. If it shorts out or just quits working then your stuck over heating. I'd put a regular water pump on it and just leave the fan off it so it would still look clean under the hood since there's an electric fan for the radiator.

Jeff

trapper

You will probably find a way to work it into the pig roast games.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

doc henderson

that is cool!!!  I am not sure I would want a stop light in my bedroom!  smiley_love
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

You could just make it a caution light.

doc henderson

yep, yellow flashing.  attach a siren to the green so I can hear it over the equipment in the yard. running-doggy    :)

Ljohnsaw

Jeff, Did you get the one by Galak ($27.99) or Lights To Go ($39.00) or something else?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Galak. Easy peazy!

Im workink on making it motion activated now.

DPatton

Jeff,

:) :) :) That stop light brings back some good memories as I had one 35 or more years ago when I was in college. We always used it for a party light. It was in my dorm room on campus for my first 6 months of college. Everybody on campus knew that if the stoplight on 3rd floor was on there was a party going down. LOL... those parties were probably the reason why I was only welcome to live on campus for 6 months ;D ;D. The light lived with me at several college houses after that and was always a party favorite.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!