iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

found this video of old logging equipment on you tube.

Started by semologger, December 22, 2012, 05:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry f

Would be tough to make a liveing with that equipment nowdays, must have taken a lot of skill to run that thing.

Jeff

Pretty sure by looking at the video, that it is not an old video, so someone is keeping that old stuff in working order.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I agree with Jeff, but would suggest semi-working order, as the cable drum clutches and brakes seemed to need some serious adjusting. ;) 
Appeared to be first unloading the logs, but then a crawler appeared to be bringing in logs. So the actual operation seemed a bit "up in the air".

The boom seemed like it needed a heel to have better control of the logs...but just a guess.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

harrymontana

looks pretty efficient to me, this is how we do it in Bolivia:

everything on hardwood

1270d

harrymontana

everything on hardwood

cutter88

judgeing by them new west coast cut chrome straight pipes on tht old truck ide say its defently not an old video... very neat though
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

log cutter

My Dad ran a heel boom and grapple like that. The old timers could throw  load on very fast. Toss the grapple down the hill 150ft ,stop letting cable out and when grapple came to end of the slack it would close right on the log. When the frictions and brakes were adjusted just right you didn't have to move the levers and brake pedals very far. I've loaded a few load with our machine back in 88.
Timbco 475E

CX3

I like the truck but the loader would have to bring me a check from the scrap yard lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

NWP

Back in the day when that loader was new whoever bought it probably thought they had made it to the big time.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

shinnlinger

Has anyone figured out why he is "Unloading" logs in the woods????
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

semologger

This is the link to the place in the video. http://www.pomeroyfarm.org/ pretty neat place. I doubt i will ever get to go there but maybe there are some forum members out there thats been there.

shinnlinger

That's probably the logging show then.   I guy loading and unloading logs while the crawler pulls the arch around.....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!