iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-2300 door gasket

Started by JJ, December 25, 2013, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Well, X-mass eve had many things on my mind, and rushed to load stove; left bypass door open.
Wake 4am with oil furnace burning and outside temp 7F, The wood stove burned full load in about 6h.
Now the stove struggles at to hold 170F and door gasket leaking smoke badly at top of door.  Must of cooked the door seal with the bypass open.
Any tips for replacing door gasket in near 0 weather?  First time replacing it for me.

JJ

thecfarm

I have no idea about replacing in the temps we have now. I know Heatmor has a nice youtube on that,maybe Classic does too. You might have to built a plastic tent in front of your OWB and use a heater.
I was not hit hard with the ice storm. I hope you are well there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JJ

I survive the ice storm with about 1/2" of ice with power.  Still walking around yard with ice creepers.  Ups delivery guy (yesterday) had same kind of creepers. 

JJ

bobby s

JJ,
I just replaced mine last weekend. The best tips I can give are to let the fire die down to just coals and use a sharp screwdriver to scrape the old gasket and silicone off. It should come off pretty easily. Once changed, you may have trouble closing your door and need to adjust it.
I've changed my gasket  every year(now on my fourth) and was happy this time to see that C.B. has changed to a one piece gasket instead of the one size fits all, cut it yourself version they used to send. Makes things very easy.
You'll be amazed how well the stove gasifies with the increased pressure from the tight firebox.  Good luck.

stumper

Lucky you.  We had 3/4 plus and no power for all of Christmas eve, and most of Christmas day.  Very thankful for out of state crews, they did the work no sign of CMP.

The door gasket changes easy, but you may need to adjust the hinge and for that you will need a second set of hands.  Keep the gasket cement inside till you are ready for it.  The stuff is thicker than I expected so I would cut a bigger hole the next time.

JJ

For adjusting the hinge (from memory) all the door skins come off, so door can be lifted out of hinge eyebolts?
Is there easier way for door adjustment?

JJ

stumper

I do not remove all the panels but the upper and lower inside and the corner panels.  The pop the c clip off.  The tap the one hinge pin out.  someone need to hold the weight of the door.  move the door enough to allow the hinge to spin.  Turn unit in or out as needed. reinsert pin remove other pin and repeat.  Test closure and repeat as needed till proper fit.  Then re-install the clips and door panels.

Logging logginglogging

I adjust my door by my self, you just hafta be willing to work at it a bit, However I bet u will not hafta readjust. I didn't have to when I did the seal, only time I had to was when I replaced the inner door.

Thank You Sponsors!