iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodfarmer

Ed, there is a fellow that ports saws in Paris, his name is Mike goes by Canadian Farm Boy on the other sites. He'd like to meet you and talk saws.

ehp

ya I get alot of that , got another mech. guy here wanting me to teach him how to port and how to read the port design in a engine plus alot of other guys . I just pretty much log and play with my kids . Now this does not mean I have not been porting cause I have been but mainly for myself and a couple real good friends that comes here and we play with saws 

ehp

well just moved machines to last junk bush I hope , this one is pretty much all ash with the bore in it . It should start getting cooler soon so maybe time to cut some good bush

Woodfarmer

He's a quality porter, I think he just would like to talk saws. I was telling him about the 2159 you did for me like 15 years ago, still running strong

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on September 07, 2020, 09:19:14 AM
my Hot Wife is from this area and has a good job so I moved here . thats the reason. Im not a Brad Pitt look a like like Barge so when this deal came along I jumped all over it . Best move I ever did
Ed, I've figured it out, theres 4 key components. You've either got to be good looking, have lots of money, be funny, or have something else 😆, I'm not attractive and I'm a broke white man so 2 out of 4 isnt bad. The blonde I've got makes more money than I did on the boat and has 1Mil+ Ft in stumpage in her pocket, wants to make me a kept man, I'm not arguing with her 😆. 

BargeMonkey

Full savage. We have more work than we know what to do with. 

hes only 5 ponds behind. 😆☝️. 
Septics here and there, I think with NYC and the covid it may come to a halt. 

I didnt want this job, every time the forester would call me he would go up another 50.00 bucks, finally I had to say yes. 

I've got 5wks to rock out 90-100k ft on steep ground and 1mile skid, dont threaten me with a good time. Forester said cut all the beech and firewood you want, I'm only 40 triaxle load behind right now. 

Landowner off my other job took a couple pictures, pouring down rain 😆  poor delimber just needs to die a quick death at the sawmill with a torch, the boom tube will fit that 200C. 

if your going to break something give it 110% 😆 both ends of the cylinder, was lucky I didnt total the loader. 

Compared to my Barko it's a Cadillac, I'm finishing up this job and buying the guys low hr G3, 450J and that loader, cant cut wood being broke down. 

snowstorm

the komatsu dealer gave me a free chain 404 80 says orbit on the box. i had to take 2 drivers out. the rivets do punch out hard oregon tie straps fit. i ran it 4 hrs before the big hose blowout. it dose cut good. after a few more hrs on it i will call him with my opinion. it may be from china? 

ehp

ya I started the last junk job but have found some not to bad of timber , even some veneer whatever that stuff is , the vines are so thick its kind of hard just to see the dots on the trees , bush was marked last winter so no leaf or vines . 

BargeMonkey

FB marketplace.... the things you can find 😆 the trip to the cape was worth it. Needed a bigger tank for my carrier, and mounting the 60 on my Barko, sold the diamond plate one to someone who thought they where getting a deal 😆. 

Bruno of NH

Nice score Barge
Got some like new BF Goodrich tires for my half ton
On FB market place  $200 for 4 
There are deals out there. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Banjo picker

Got about 60 logs, mostly 16 footers in those two piles.

couple of popular mostly pine, some oak and a few sweetgum....that I will give to @magicman if he will come and get em.  To be honest, I didn't cut them.  I just moved them up to a staging area where I can get to them after the current hurricane gets done.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

I was glad to read that you did not cut/buck those logs.  :D

I know how you feel about letting them wait.  I honestly have no idea how I am going to meet the sawing requests that I have in the book.  ::)  That plus they keep on coming in.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Mr Lynn
My mill has wheels and fenders if you have an extra grandson.
I don't like the cold as much as I used to.   :D
Glad to help out.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

teakwood

Quote from: Magicman on September 14, 2020, 10:02:41 PMThat plus they keep on coming in. 

@Magicman ,are you earning well on those jobs? I would just lift my rates, that scares some customers away and you will earn good money and have lesser work
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Magicman

Actually I have just bumped my sawing rate up and also added a daily "return visit" fee to jobs over ~25 miles away.  That added a bit more to my till and hopefully it will slow down the "tire kicker" jobs a bit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

teakwood - it's the same everywhere it seems. I wonder if folks are worried the music is going to stop and they want to have their project done before then.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

GRANITEstateMP

Southside, it's not the undone projects that I worry about "when the music stops", it's paying for the done projects. :(
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

nativewolf

Big multi stem poplar, 60" at base.

Feels good to be picking up some logs

We have a lovely forest.  It has been high graded in spots, still nice

This is what a fire does to a young stand, 60 years ago they had a wildfire, not too hot but many trees have this distinct ring separation always same age, no matter the tree size.

Who knows who this is?
Liking Walnut

Magicman

Skeans1

Quote from: nativewolf on September 15, 2020, 08:54:16 PM

This is what a fire does to a young stand, 60 years ago they had a wildfire, not too hot but many trees have this distinct ring separation always same age, no matter the tree size.

Who knows who this is?
Time to try your guy's luck up on springboards?

ehp

NW, that timber looks nice and tall , good scale per tree on stuff like that

ehp

what it would be like to cut timber where you can see 10 feet or more away, I can only dream . Where Im cutting I cannot see the tree never mind the painted dots on the trees at 10 ft . Ya when I get to the landing the skidder is a mass of vines all over it 

mike_belben

Glad youre up n running wyatt.  Did the HG get done yet?
Praise The Lord

barbender

NW, Ponsse has shorter swingout bunk extensions available, I think they add about 6" on each side of my machine. If you have tracks on the width of the bunks will match the tracks.
Too many irons in the fire

nativewolf

Quote from: Skeans1 on September 15, 2020, 09:33:09 PM
Quote from: nativewolf on September 15, 2020, 08:54:16 PM

Who knows who this is?
Time to try your guy's luck up on springboards?
No way, but I will buy you a plane ticket👍
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!