iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Comp carbs

Started by SasquatchMan, November 04, 2003, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SasquatchMan

What's the verdict on compensating carburetors?  How do they work?  (Do they work?)
Senior Member?  That's funny.

qatanlison

Stihl's says: "IntelliCarbâ„¢ measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM levels even when filter begins to clog."
What I've heard from users of both Husky and Stihl, is that Husky's air injection far more effective. I only use Husky and I've found the later models air-injection far more effective than this feature on the saws from the mid 90'.
But then again, there are - and will always be, those with different experiences...

/Ola

jokers

I agree with Ola that Air Injection is a superior solution to the problem of plugging air filters.

Compensating carbs are at times wronly maligned because they are often associated with the fixed hi speed jet found on Stihl`s newer 026s and ms260s. Those carbs are PsOS. The compensation works fine but the carbs are very hard to get working properly.

A factor to consider with a compensating carb is that fuel to the engine is reduced as the filter plugs, which reduces engine output. I`d rather have a conventional carb which will make you painfully aware if you have neglected the filter.

Russ

SasquatchMan

That's an interesting point Jokers.  It's not like it's all that hard to clean an air filter in the first place.  Makes me wonder if the compensator is for the professional who doesn't want to stop or the goofball who's too lazy to check filters.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Minnesota_boy

Yer supposed to check them filters??   :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Thank You Sponsors!