iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice Model 110 Load Capacity Question

Started by sparky, April 11, 2009, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassfed

Your truck looks alot like mine. Mine is a 1974 gmc with a 6v53 detroit. The trans is a 5sp main and a 4 speed aux.

I got mine a year ago and it ran well but I was getting some anti freeze in the oil. I found that the 2R clinder liner was dripping at the liner seal. I got a brand new short block minus 1 cylinder kit from ebay for $500 delivered and changed out the liner, piston and rod into the truck. I will get it running in the next day or two. 

Before I tore it apart I ran it for about two weeks and durring that time I hauled and about 150 round bales 14 bales aload and about 30 cords of 16 foot logs. The truck is one of the most usefull machines on my farm.

With ag plates it only costs $190 a year in vermont and I don't need a cdl.
Mike

Meadows Miller

Gday Will

Hows the trip going Over the ditch in ENZed ;) :D Dont worry about the rain its alllways Bloody raining overthere Mate  ;) :D :D
Ill get onto the timetables mate and Attach and send them to your presonal email Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Welcome to the forum Grassfed  ;) ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) Thats a nice looking truck you got there Mate  ;) Pitty about the motor  ;)

Im pulling the bottom end out of the chamberlain loader in the morning I think i mida spunn a bigend  :o :) ::) ::) :( >:( Dont worry tho Will  ;) we will still make some sawdust fly  ;) ;D 8) 8) Takes abit more than that to stop Me  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

grassfed

Oh I almost forgot Load capacity...I think based on using mine and having run a crane during the 1980s that 12K is way to high, at least mine won't come close to that. More like 4k -6k within about 8-10 feet. This link will give you specs (down load PDF) for the newer prentice truck selfloader http://www.prenticeforestry.com/self-loaders-spec-sheets.aspx

I might be wrong but I used to run a crane on a USCG barg and I would pick up 15k bouy sinkers and I am sure that my Prentice 110 would not budge something like that. Based on that experence I think that the specs for the new loaders in the PDF are pretty
close for the same reach distances. The new loaders do have more reach.
Mike

sparky

grassfed,

Thanks for the info. In Minnesota, a farm license for a truck costs $194 and can be paid by quarters. I am looking forward to putting mine into operation. This truck has no major issues according to what I was told. The hydraulics are tight and in good order.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

wi woodcutter

grassfed-We used to have three trucks just like that for hauling sweet corn from the field to the canning factory.

You sure did not have to worry about falling asleep with that big Detroit.

Our trucks had 4 speed main box and 4 speed aux. box.

Needless to say you never ran out of gears.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

4genlgr

hey sparky   hows that 2050 and 110 doing? hadn't heard thought i'd ask

grassfed's GMC has the pulp jaws on it for contrast to yours

sparky

I am still waiting for the registration paperwork to be issued. I have it registered as a farm truck as the rules are less strict. I expect to pick it up next week and drive it to my brother's farm. I will be picking up a 1930s vintage Case Model C on the way. I bought the Case as a parts tractor and I plan to check out the loader when picking it up. The tractor has only two wheels and one of them is a rear that is flat!

I will post the results when they happen. I also am working on getting the logs from a 40 acre tract that a friend just bought. that would be another test.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

martinf

Hey all,
I just joined this forum...looks like a great place!
I've got a prentice also (on a 75 Mack) and am wondering how much the loader weighs (not how much it can lift).  If you took the whole loader off the truck frame, what would it weigh?  Anybody know, or hazard a good guess?
thanks,
~martin

Meadows Miller

Gday

Martin and welcome to the forum  ;D ;D 8) 8) Your spot on  its a top place i reckon you'll fit rite in Mate  ;)  ;D ;D ;D With the weight I reckon Crane would be around the 2500 to 3200 lbs range depending on the model  ;)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

sparky

I don't have any specifics about weight, but Chris sounds about right with an estimated weight around 3, 000#. I will be checking out the capacity of my Prentice in about a week. I had to replace some tires, lights and the battery before putting it into service. I have finally have the new registration and insurance forms.

Sparky

Thank You Sponsors!