iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat T190 rental ?????

Started by bikedude73, March 22, 2011, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikedude73

I am looking to buy a T190 to move logs around my mill and was wondering if anyone on here has bought a rental machine from Sunbelt Rentals????  Two schools of thought have to keep them up to keep them rented or run them until its time to sell them..........   Any ideas on this ??????

bill m

How big of an outfit is Sunbelt Rentals? Big rental companies like United Rentals turn over there equipment about every 2 years regardless of hours. Helps keep cost of upkeep to a minimum.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

bikedude73

They are pretty good size from what I can tell they are all over the country.  The best I can tell they get rid of their stuff after 7 years they use them for depeciation and then dump them.  This is all speculation but seems to make sense.

bikedude73

I was just trying to see if anyone had bought a bobcat from a rental company to see if it worked out for them??????

Raider Bill

I've never bought one but I have rented them before. You prob don't want one I used to make trails with.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

acl2

We bought a bobcat 873 from an auction, it was a rental machine. We have had it for about 4 years now and have had very few problems with it. Although I would say a rental machine is a bit of a gamble.

Thank You Sponsors!