iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vacutherm iDry input

Started by schwanee, August 04, 2018, 07:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I'm excited for y'all. Looking forward to having someone close with one (Just Right) so I can use them at my leisure.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Stephen1

I am on the verge of ordering a unit also. I would hope to have it ordered next week.
They are putting up the price Jan. 1/2019 to $49,000 US
I am picking up my new mill and a sharpener setter from WM tomorrow. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

E-Tex

what is the price of the bladder option?
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

japarker4

Quote from: E-Tex on October 31, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
what is the price of the bladder option?
Currently we're selling it for $3000, but I have to say the slabs and lumber we've been seeing out of kilns are really flat without it. 

japarker4

Quote from: schwanee on August 04, 2018, 10:56:05 PM
Thanks south side. It's a new model they have so there is not much out there that I can find. It is a discontinuous vacuum kiln.
The iDRY is a continuous vacuum kiln that operates at a pressure similar to the top of Mt Everest, so there is still enough air to push around with the fan to heat.

japarker4

Quote from: boardmaker on August 08, 2018, 09:12:18 AM
I wonder if the 1 week per inch rule is with air dried wood or green?  
I think the price tag is reasonable.
Sure would like to hear feedback from some already in use.
1 week per inch is our estimate for green.  We're drying air dried faster depending on the actual initial moisture content, species and thickness. 

japarker4

Quote from: Tom the Sawyer on August 09, 2018, 07:32:50 PM
japarker4,

Welcome to the Forum, will be interesting to follow how your equipment performs.

You might want to get an SSL, or update the one you have.  Your link returns as an insecure site and is blocked in MS Edge.
Thanks for the feedback.  - Jim

Glenn1

Quote from: japarker4 on October 31, 2018, 02:12:44 PM
japarker4,

Welcome to the Forum, will be interesting to follow how your equipment performs.

You might want to get an SSL, or update the one you have.  Your link returns as an insecure site and is blocked in MS Edge.
Hi Jim,
I understand from Mark that my unit is scheduled to ship on approximately Nov. 9th.  One day before my birthday, so this will be a really big present to myself.  
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Just Right

Custom Sawyer-   I am glad you feel that way.  I may rent you to unload it for me when I get back with it.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

jfric

Looks very likely I'll be ordering mine in the next couple weeks. Just finalizing a few minor details... like where to put it.
iDRY vacuum kiln, Nyle L200m kiln, Woodmizer LT15-Wide, Bobcat S300, Stihl MS880, 36" and 60" Granberg Alaskan Mills, Ford F550 flatbed.

samandothers

Welcome jfric! Where are ya located?

GAB

Quote from: Glenn1 on October 31, 2018, 07:23:02 PM
Quote from: japarker4 on October 31, 2018, 02:12:44 PM
japarker4,

Hi Jim,
I understand from Mark that my unit is scheduled to ship on approximately Nov. 9th.  One day before my birthday, so this will be a really big present to myself.  
Glenn:
I saw your unit today.
It's a nice new toy.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

jfric

Quote from: samandothers on November 02, 2018, 12:40:34 PM
Welcome jfric! Where are ya located?
Thank you! We are just north of Houston, Texas.
iDRY vacuum kiln, Nyle L200m kiln, Woodmizer LT15-Wide, Bobcat S300, Stihl MS880, 36" and 60" Granberg Alaskan Mills, Ford F550 flatbed.

Glenn1

Two more days before it shows up.  It will be interesting to say the least.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Busysawyer

Anyone get the boiler option with their idry?
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

nativewolf

You guys are killing me.  Get it already and send some reports.  And pictures!
Liking Walnut

jfric

It's a done deal. Expecting mine to deliver sometime in January. It's going to be hard displaying excitement for my Christmas gifts knowing this thing is weeks away.  :snowball:

nativewolf

Where are the Pics guys ...where  :)
Liking Walnut

E-Tex

please excuse me if this was covered earlier in this thread......But I went to the i-dry website last night and saw they have two new (larger) models coming in 2019.  The "Plus" model and the "Turbo" model.  Says price TBD.

Does anyone have more to add?
L2 Sawmill LLC

Busysawyer

We are expecting deliver either Friday or Saturday.  
Etex I saw the new models and wish I knew they were coming before I ordered the standard idry. The one issue I have with the I dry is the size limitations. They have a model that will do 60inx 17' coming. That size increase opens a while lot more business for us
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

E-Tex

I was told today that they should have pricing later this week.  He gave me rough price ranges, but I'll let Jim post those.
L2 Sawmill LLC

Stephen1

Quote from: Busysawyer on November 12, 2018, 05:32:06 PM
We are expecting deliver either Friday or Saturday.  
Etex I saw the new models and wish I knew they were coming before I ordered the standard idry. The one issue I have with the I dry is the size limitations. They have a model that will do 60inx 17' coming. That size increase opens a while lot more business for us
I have been thinking the same thing. I believe that there is a shortage of kiln space. If I'm right I should be able to fill the smaller kiln and then add the larger kiln as the need arises. 48" is still a good size. I like the idea of the length increase. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

samandothers

Glenn1
Do you have your new kiln? Happy Birthday!

YellowHammer

The newer units have twice the capacity, twice the length, at the same published power consumption, and the turbo has twice the speed.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Stephen1

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 12, 2018, 10:50:40 PM
The newer units have twice the capacity, twice the length, at the same published power consumption, and the turbo has twice the speed.
twice the capacity, but not twice the length, 17' and 21' versus 13'

Thank You Sponsors!