iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Front page of our morning paper

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 16, 2012, 08:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

So far I'm at four and counting, I'm going big.

giant splinter

I need to get a ticket ...... just to see if my luck has changed  8)
roll with it

thecfarm

I just hate to see some people spend money on tickets and think that they will win big,when they don't have the money to be playing.  ::) 
I spend no more than $3 a week. I don't smoke and don't drink,I don't feel bad spending wasting the money. I might just as well throw the money out the window driving down the road. Someone would get a lot more enjoyment finding $2-3 beside the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fat olde elf

Relax Johnny Rebs....Winning ticket was purchased in Lapeer, northwest of Detroit.  Probably my wife's brother bought it, he is the last of any of our family still in Michigan. Yes, Danny....the road it hell is paved with good intentions.....Walk the walk..........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Red Clay Hound

The lottery is a tax on the mathematically challenged - but it helped pay for my kid's college education!  ;D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Jeff

I should by a ticket more often that I do because my mom used to regularly shake her head and say something about me being one in a million, so seems I'd have a good chance.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on August 19, 2012, 03:52:30 PM
I should by a ticket more often that I do because my mom used to regularly shake her head and say something about me being one in a million, so seems I'd have a good chance.  :)

:D :D :D I don't think she meant you could be a winner in a lottery...... say_what but then again.....Moms have a way of knowing things that only Moms and God knows.

So go ahead, Jeff.....buy a ticket more often...."'Ol Buddy 'Ol Pal.....you're a great guy.......you're my BEST friend in the whole world....what a wonderful forum this is........you're the cats meow.......if I could win money, I would give you half.....you da MAN  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terry f

I (my wife) buy a ticket every time it gets over 200 million, aparently 20 million  isn't enough. It's worth the dollar just for the dream you get before they pick the numbers. I like the throwing the money out the window, and makeing more people happy.

beenthere

QuoteI like the throwing the money out the window, and makeing more people happy.

Terry, that explains a lot about your posts and the left that you support.  ;D

Fine, if it is your money. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

terry f

Sorry beenthere, I meant to say throw other peoples money out the window, and make alot of people happy. I'll quit before this gets moved.

sparky1

I typically buy a ticket or two for the lottery. I admit I bump it up to 10 dollars once the lottery gets over 200 mil.. not really sure why, 20 mil would get me by :).. Sure i prolly wont win it, but I know for a fact I wont win it if i dont buy a ticket.
Shaun J

Jeff

When I do buy a lotto ticket, I buy two identical. That way if someone else wins, I get two thirds. ;D   Actually, sometimes I'll buy a lotto ticket and put it in a birthday card. If you do that, you gotta buy a duplicate for yourself or you would never forgive yourself if the birthday person won on the ticket you bought. This way, they split it with ya. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

We occasionally buy a few but not very consistent.
My boss hands them out like candy when we ride together.
He'll buy a block of 10 and hand them over.  He might be hoping I win. :D

sandhills

I bought one for the big 300 and some million $ prize, kept thinking, "if I win this maybe I can farm for one more year......"  :D :D

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Red Clay Hound on August 19, 2012, 03:30:51 PM
The lottery is a tax on the mathematically challenged - but it helped pay for my kid's college education!  ;D

I was gonna say, I never did mind waiting in line behind someone buying 30 lottery tickets when I was in college. That money was footing the bill for 3 of my years at UGA :D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Georgia's Hope Scholarship, funded by the Lottery, contributed just under $40,000 to my three daughter's college education.  I only ever bought 1 lottery ticket.  I think that I am way ahead.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

I pitched $5 into a pool one time. They paid about $18,000 of my tuition and fees. Not a bad ROI ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!