iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ICE your cell phone!

Started by CHARLIE, August 03, 2005, 12:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

A friend of mine is an EMT and recently sent me this information and asked me to pass it on.  I think it is something we should all do. Sure wouldn't hurt.

Charlie
-------------------------------------------------------------

I  want to pass along some helpful info. Maybe you haven't heard this yet.

I am an EMT and received this information in a professional newsletter.

In an emergency situation, responding paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly.

It only takes a few moments of your time to do. Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cell phone NOW!

Please pass this one along.

From The Washington Post, 7/18/2005:  ICE is "gaining momentum on both sides of the Atlantic" as paramedics suggest that cell phone users put the acronym (which stands for In Case of Emergency) before the names of emergency contacts in their cell phone address books.  The practice should save time for emergency workers, who often have to page through, or even call, dozens of entries in cell address books to find the persons who should be notified.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patty

Good advice, Charlie. Thank you.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

moosehunter

That is a cool idea, but is it ok that I still don't have one?  ;D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Furby

sawguy21

I got a couple that don't work you can have.  At least you can strike the pose if nothing else ;D

Furby

Actually, in that case I better confess, I do still have one of my Mom's old ones in the truck.........
I call it my 911 phone. Guess I better give it back to her now that I remember it's in there. ::)

Bernie

I HAVE THE SAME THING  -A DEAD CELL PHONE  THAT WILL ONLY CALL 911 IN MY CAR.  sorry I had the caps.on.

Seems like a good thing to me.

CHARLIE

In my opinion, even if you only keep a phone in your glove box for 911 calls, you could load ICE on it.  At least they could get the information and make the call with their phone. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

I have my own ICE version under contacts on my cell, it has the acronym MOM. I wonder if it would take long to figure it out. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

Swampdonkey,

A mothers work is never done!!! Thanks you gave me a good laugh. Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jim_Rogers

I thought I had heard about this before.... but someone just today emailed this update and I thought it would be good to move it to the top of the list again for those who didn't see it the first time:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its
memory but nobody other than ourselves knows which of these numbers
belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people
attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to
call. Yes, there are dozes of numbers stored but which one is the
contact person in case of an emergency? Hence the 'ICE' (In Case of
Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact
during emergency situations. As cell(mobile)phones are carried by the
majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of
a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency
under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency).  For example, "ICE -
Mom" or "ICE - Kermit".

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to
the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with
patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore
thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally
recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency
Service Personnel and Hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact
the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as
'ICE.'

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A
great idea that will make a difference!

ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

ADAMINMO

Great Idea !!!!!! I just put 4 numbers in mine with the ICE code.

scsmith42

Laureen and I have used ICE for a couple of years - it's a great concept.

I must say that I still chuckle when "ICE WIFE" pops up on my cell phone when there is an incoming call from her!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

moosehunter

Now thats just funny sc!

I hope your wife thinks so too.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

SwampDonkey

It is a great concept. But, I fail to see how anyone could foul it up with my quick dial numbers when two are "mom" and "uncle".  I don't put client number on except contractors I do frequent work for. Everything else is written in the Daily Minder as I use it frequently to record mileage and location. I rarely use a cell phone anyway. It's "just there". ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Toolman

Thank you Charlie. Had no idea about this ICE thing.  My wife and I are now "ICE'd". I have been getting others to do the same.

Tom
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

ohsoloco

My cell phone actually has an "In Case of Emergency" listing right at the top of my contact list.  I put my allergies in there, and the numbers that I have ICE's show up in red in my contacts.

sawguy21

What a great idea.  8) I am going to enter Karen's number under ICE

SwampDonkey

They'll think Jeff's....ummm.... calling his dog.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!