iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonsered saws

Started by crd1957, January 18, 2010, 08:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crd1957

are jonsered saws a part of husqvarna ?
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

Reddog

Electrolux owns both Husky and Jonered.

crd1957

looks like electrolux owns a big share of the saw market
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

celliott

I know Jonsered and Husqvarna used to be totally seperate saws, but can anyone tell me when they became sister companies? when did jonsered saws become identical to husky saws.

Oh, sorry about hijacking your thread, crd1957. :-\
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Brucer

Quote from: celliott on January 18, 2010, 09:52:22 PM
I know Jonsered and Husqvarna used to be totally seperate saws, but can anyone tell me when they became sister companies? when did jonsered saws become identical to husky saws.

Husqvarna: Purchased by Electrolux in 1978.
Jonsered: Purchased by Electrolux in 1979.

I don't know that they every became "identical". A few models, maybe.

It kind of seemed that one or the other of the brands would try out any new invention. Then, if it was successful in the market, it would start to appear on the other brand.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

des170stihl

You left out Poulan,, Is also owned by Electrolux. The Poulan Pro 3516 avx and the Jonsered 2138 turbo are identical except for the color. Part for part. :'(
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

Al_Smith

Those in the know say that some internal engine parts will interchange from J-Red to Husky .

If I'm not mistaken one gent who runs another forum stated they go down the same assembley line .

In my life time I've worked on two ,both 60 cc saws and they seemed to do just fine for that sized saw .

GlenM

Was chasing down a part no. for a Poulan jug the other day, ultimate result was a part no. beginning with HUSQ....
hhmmmm......

peppone

mcculloch also is ownered by husqvarna electrolux. and even zenoah (ex komatsu).

the new line of brushcutters and one-hand chainsaws by husqvarna are zenoah.

jonsered is a disappearing trademark...unfortunatly
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

bill m

No, J red and Husky do not come off the same assembly line. Some one told my that Husky doesn't spend as much time with R&D as J red does. Always in to much of a hurry to be the first one to market with new product.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

bushmechanic

Here in my neck of the woods the dealer is telling us that Jonsereds is being phazed out and now we can only get Husky.Thats ok because the Husky seemed to stand up better here.

thumper

:Djonsered saws are far from being fazed out.. they may be more popular in some areas than others. the sister models from husky to jred have the same part numbers on all the internals and carb/exhaust.  also hold up the same. my husky dealer would like to tell me that jred was being fazed out, but better prices better service and an awesome saw has me driving by the husky dealer to the jred dealer.
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Thank You Sponsors!