iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Seeking timber

Started by bigmish, August 29, 2006, 08:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmish

Hi all,
I'm looking for a supplier of green timber, suitable for timber framing, in the Catskills  area (New York State about 100 miles North of NYC). I tried http://www.woodfinder.com/ with no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mischa

Jim_Rogers

You can try calling woodmizer and get their sawyer list, call these sawyers and ask them....

You can try woodplanet.com and they have a "request for a quote" option and that should produce some people who can supply you with timbers.

You can try using the find a sawyer option here at the Forestry Forum and that might help you find someone.

You can try contacting the state of NY's wood producers association, (if they have one, and I'm sure they do, or at least I'd think they do) and that should produce a list of names of companies who can supply you with timber.

You can contact the Timber Framers Guild Business council and look in the resource guide for timber suppliers. Here is a link to that site:
Click here for Timber Framers Guild Business Council Resource Guide home page

Hopefully with all these leads you can find someone near your site to supply you with timbers.

Good luck with your search.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

ARKANSAWYER

If you like Southern Yellow Pine and do not mind a trip a bit south and west I can cut you all you like.   Well it is quite a bit south and west on the other side of the big creek but I gots timber.   Check all of the ones on Jims list and let us know how you come out.
ARKANSAWYER

twobears

i,am not in the catskils but,i am in ny. if you want drop me a pm and let me know what your looking for..thanks

delbert

Thank You Sponsors!