iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Wish list for search improvements

Started by monkeyratmom, April 20, 2011, 11:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyratmom

First, I want to say that I love this forum!  Only problem is I can get distracted for hours reading about stuff that is interesting but doesn't really apply to anything I should be doing at the moment LOL.  The alternative methods/wood heating forums played a huge part in helping me make the right choice in our new heating system for our old house.

I was trying to research postings relevant to my new Central Boiler Classic.  Unfortunately, the large volume of posts on the E-classic 2300 made it really hard to sort and narrow down what I was after (I absolutely do not want to read about the 2300!).  I was really wishing for an exclusion field, like eBay has, where you can modify your search to exclude certain words or phrases.  I'm pretty good at using advanced search features on most websites, but it can be sad/frustrating/maddening when you see places where they obviously just chose a boiler-plate search module.  Yours is way better than most, so I hate to complain, but that would be a primo upgrade if you could manage it.

Thanks,

Jane
Home Security telemarketer:  Hi, we are offering free installation in your area through the end of the month, and we would . . .
Me, interrupting:  We have dogs and guns, we're good.

Jeff

I'm afraid the search is what it is. This is a large database and the search does have many options on limiting or expanding the search that most people find sufficient. Anything other than what we have here now is simply beyond my abilities to offer you, but I can assure you, is light years above what we started with.

You might want to use google's advanced search to search the Forestry Forum and see if that helps you out.
http://www.google.com/advanced_search

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Another thought is that if it is specific information you seek, start your own topic and have the answers come to you. ;) :)

Jeff

One more thought, I was pretty negative in my first post saying it is what it is. That is not like me. I love a challenge, so I'll see what I can do. I'm confined to one arm right now and have been a bit pessimistic for the last couple weeks.

monkeyratmom

Sorry to hear that about your arm.  I know what's it like to hobbled by crap that only time will fix.  (Just spent a year fixing back/feet/leg problems.  New problem is trying to do everything at once that I got behind on LOL.)

I've never tried that google dohickey, thanks for suggesting it.
Home Security telemarketer:  Hi, we are offering free installation in your area through the end of the month, and we would . . .
Me, interrupting:  We have dogs and guns, we're good.