iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's a Go! 2024 FF Pigroast.

Started by Jeff, April 22, 2024, 01:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Wildflower says let's do it.  Who's coming?  We understand if something comes up later if you add your names to the count.

Friday and Saturday August 2-3

Jeff Tammy Stacy Jeremy Joe

We'll provide the Pig Macaroni salad, Beans and Rolls water and coffee. You guys bring what you can to make it a potluck. Sorta like always before.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Count us in. Greg and Dee. That's 7. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old Greenhorn

Well you know Pat and I are in, that's makes 10! ffcool ffcool
Oops bad math, that makes 11 !
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

I tried calling Hidden Hill right away to reserve one of their rental trailers like we did last time but couldn't get through on the house phone for some reason, thought maybe their phone was no longer (fast busy signal), then on a whim I tried it from my cell and that worked, but nobody was around, so I left a message. Hopefully we can't get one of those (now 2) rentals they have.
 Maybe we can get @aigheadish to come this year and some other new faces? Hoping to see many of the regulars too. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. ffcheesy Jeff, we plan to arrive in the campground Thursday, mid-morning so start working on a punch list of tasks we can come over and help with from food prep to yard work, we are up for it. It didn't take long for me to fill every weekend in August already. I only have labor day weekend open now. Of course, that also means no shows for me in August either. Ah well, I am retired, sort of. ffcheesy
 DanG! This is great!
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Old Greenhorn

OK I finally got hold of Joe at Hidden Hill, and he does remember all of us from 2022 (can't win 'em all). He was very accommodating and we have their trailer #2. He can move that to almost any site we want, so when you folks start registering, we can call and adjust the site number if needed. We have site #31 for now. He did say bookings are low right now for that weekend, but he expects it will pick up when the better weather comes.
 If you are staying there, just make note of your site number, mention you are with the FF pig roast, and he can steer you the right way (I hope).
 Now I have something to look forward to all summer and will have to think about a door prize to make. :wink_2:

trapper

Joyce says wonderful when I told her  Two of us but I lost count,

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Resonator

Woo Hoo! ffcool

I'll write down the dates on my calendar, call me number...

Also talking with member's that made it to Jake's prOject, some are willing to volunteer their help for the Pig Roast. This will help take the burden off Jeff and his family for the weekend. I will plan to get there early to help set up. :thumbsup:

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Good point Res, Pat and I expect to arrive around mid-morning on Thursday so we can get settled and head over to the house to help with whatever they have that needs doing.

customsawyer

God willing and the creek don't rise, I plan to be there.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

stanwelch

Count me in also. #16

Stan
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

DbltreeBelgians

Count us in 
Brent and Jill 
17&18

doc henderson

well, my wife's birthday is Aug. 30.  the big 60.  Morgan Wallen somebody is in KC the 2nd of august, and for her birthday my wife bought tickets months ago, and not nosebleed ones either I presume from the cost.  She said she could ask a friend to go instead of me, but it is her birthday gift.  unless something changes (like my wife) ffsmiley we will most likely not be able to be there this year. smiley_thumbsdown :uhoh:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

fishpharmer

I am planning on being there! 

I guess Steve (Burlkraft) is 19.

Makes me 20.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Sheepkeeper

We plan on being there if nothing gets in the way.
Rick and Jannette 21 + 22
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

olcowhand

Steve, Katie and Stephanie (14 years old) will make 25.
This time, if we're going to be arriving late due to Katie's work schedule- I'll drop off our Door Prizes ahead of time.....
Looking forward to seeing everyone, but I'll miss you, @doc henderson 

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

teakwood

Were do you guys sleep? is there a Motel/Hotel near by?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ed_K

Rita said we could do it, so if things don't change  blindsmiley .
 That makes 26 an 27.
Ed K

Resonator

QuoteWere do you guys sleep? is there a Motel/Hotel near by?
Yes there is lodging in the area, everything from motels to resorts in different price ranges. I stay at Houghton Lake about 1/2 hour away from Jeff's place.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep! ffcheesy ffcheesy
 Seriously though, if you take a look through the last pig roast thread (2021) you can se that there are lots of options and folks get spread around. Waiting too long can cause issues some years. The camping types gather in good numbers at Hidden Hill campground, so the party continues into late hours sometimes. My wife and I do not have a camper, but Hidden Hill now has 3 trailers they rent out and this works perfect for the wife and I. Last time they only had one and I booked it quick.
 But there are lots of options. Are you thinking about it? That would be SUPER!

moosehunter

We used VRBO. Got a little cabin right down the road. 
mh

(Actually, Mrs did the VRBO thing, I wouldn't have a clue!)
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

DbltreeBelgians

Jill made our reservations for Hidden Hills today ffcool and we will be on lot P2 which looks like pretty much right in front of lot 31 which I believe is where Tom said he would be. 
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Brent

Old Greenhorn

That's what it looks like to me Brent! Sounds great, I am already excited. Now just make sure you check you tires before you head out this time. Nobody wants to see you go through that again. ffcheesy ffcheesy

Thank You Sponsors!