iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dream (nightmare?) last night.

Started by petefrom bearswamp, February 17, 2024, 09:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Last night I dreamed  I bought another mill having been without one since august 2000.
Had to break the news to my wife and also to my son as he now owns the property and the mill shed which he sided and use for storage.
No dream info on what brand of mill, but I have always been a WM guy.
Like most dreams there was no specific ending, but I'm sure wifey  would have put her dainty foot down with emphasis on the NO WAY
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

GAB

Dear Bear Swamp Pete:
Has it been that long since you parted with your last mill?
Sorry to hear about your wife's negative attitude, she may want you around for your 70 - 20 birthday.
Better luck with your next dream.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SawyerTed

There times when a sawmill and a boat are alike - it's better to know someone who owns one than to own one. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

rusticretreater

So when you are sawing logs silently in your sleep, your wife is still mad at ya?  Oy vey. :uhoh:
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

B.C.C. Lapp

Yeah sometimes when they say no, well, they mean it.  Then again, spend a day cleaning her chicken coop, change the oil in her truck, make the run to the feed store so she doesn't have to, trim your beard back a half dozen inches. Then that evening over a pre dinner cold beer mention how much lead times have gone down and covid prices have settled and so and so from the forum just INVESTED in a new mill and maybe you should get one while the time is right and blah blah blah.   She might, just might see it your way.   

Then again she might tell you nice try but not even close big fella.   That's when you look into those beautiful but cold, killer eyes, you man up, square your shoulders and say "Yes dear".
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

YellowHammer

Of all the "hobbies" I know of, a sawmill is one of the rare ones that more than pays for itself, plus.  

We used to call our old LT40 "The Vacation Fund" and used the money it made to pay the bills of course, but we always put some extra money into the vacation fund.  
Vacations are much more fun when they are "free."  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

richhiway

we will probably all have that dream one day.....
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Magicman

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 18, 2024, 07:54:33 AMWe used to call our old LT40 "The Vacation Fund"
The LT40 has paid for all of our travels for many years.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Be nice Pete. ffcheesy
Never had trouble with having vacation $$.
But the 40 did put me in a nice Hot Rod.
pic is too big to post here.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

@ 80 1/2 years old, every one of my days are Living Dreams.   ffwave

I am very blessed to still be able to go out a few days each month and saw.  ffcool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Love all of these comments.
In my conscious hours I no longer have the desire for a mill, only in my dreams.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!