iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ki Yippy Yi Aay

Started by Magicman, December 31, 2010, 04:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some of our locals don't provide winter food for their animals.  They just open the gate and let them fend for themselves during the winter.  Burns me up when there are deposits plastered around our Cabin.

Two weeks ago I had 9 cows.  This week I found myself in a rodeo.  She didn't want to leave, so I had a "pony roundup".

I had to use my cutting skills.

Finally, away we go.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WildDog

MM I know where your coming from, my neighbours run a lot of horses and in winter are over stocked, for the last 8 yrs we have ended up with their horses crossing the creek onto our place. As soon as I call them up they come over and gather them up. 
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

timberfaller390

In Georgia if someones liovestock is on loose on your property and you catch and care for them while waiting on/trying to find the owner, you are entitled to charge the owner for feed, hay and board. You can charge up to $1,000.00 a month.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Stan snider

Timberfaller we have a similar law here too. The only time I know of it being used locally was done by a complete crook. If you move into a rural area you may have some unexpected visitors. A tree can fall on a fence, someone can run through it with a vehicle,vandals can open a gate. . . . There are no end to the ways animals can be turned loose and often not nessecarily the fualt of the owner.
Saw now that I think of it that $1000 a month sound like a bargain if it's not on a per head basis. ----------------This time of year it would be a BONANZA for me! :D  Stan

Bill Gaiche

There is a good reason that four wheelers we made. Dont eat hay, jump fences and are ready to go on moments notice. To bad that neighbors that have horses that seem to let them stray to other neighbors places without careing, they need four wheelers instead. bg

Magicman

We have that capturing and boarding option also, except the landowner doesn't do it.  We call the sheriff and register our complaint.  They then give us the name and telephone number of the next "catcher" on the list.  The "catcher" then comes out and rounds up the strays.  He boards them and the livestock owners have to pay him for the catching, hauling, and boarding.

I try to give the livestock a chance by running them off first.

Right on BG.  That is why I have a tree farm instead of a livestock farm.  When the fence gets knocked down, I haven't had a tree to get out yet !!!    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!