iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill demo...

Started by Woodkiller, April 13, 2013, 07:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodkiller

TimberKing OK s having a open house at my place today! 8) I am expecting several members here to show. I will post a few pictures as I get a chance.   Russell

thecfarm

I like looking at sawmills. Have a great day. What's to eat??  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Quote from: thecfarm on April 13, 2013, 07:55:23 AM
I like looking at sawmills. Have a great day. What's to eat??  :D

Me too, I watch a lot of videos throughout the Forestry Forum and mill manufacturers web sites!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Woodkiller

Well no pictures didn't happen rule is out for this post. Here is a picture of WHD and Ga Mtn Man, and several others at the demo. Paul and Danny were both GREAT guys, and I wish it had been a little less hectic so I could have visited with them more. I did my part to get sawdust in a few more veins!  8) At least 2 of the people that dropped by were going to order mills in the near future.

Woodkiller

Paul and Danny are in the middle of the picture at the end of the can't.

customsawyer

I wish I could have made it. I like watching other people saw. :laugh:
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Woodkiller

Jake I would have loved to meet you as well. Danny said that you were busy, and I understand. I am going to make the trip down to meet you one day, and see what kind of sawdust you are slinging that day. If you are ever coming up 75n just send me a PM and I will meet you or give you directions, I'm only 6-7 miles off the interstate.

thecfarm

Sawmill looks good. I like the roof. I have been looking at mine more and more for a roof. I think I have an idea that might work. I will have to kinda add on to the bed. Just a place to store the head,so nothing has to for sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

giant splinter

Nice setup and looks like a good sized group of people turned out.
roll with it

Gasawyer

Would have liked to come up and see but not enough notice to rearrange work schedule. I like to see other mills working. Maybe next time.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

drobertson

Glad to hear, and see you had a good day,  it's always nice to see a show of support.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

tempforce

i had a visit from the county commissioner friday. while we talked, she mentioned that a foreign company is putting in a pellet plant nearby.. Bastrop County Texas... one way to get rid of all of the wildfire damaged trees. i do hope they have plans for the future. as when the fire dried trees are used up, they will be needing other sources of wood..
cleaning up wildfire damage...
making lumber and siding out of wildfire damaged trees.

Ga Mtn Man

Had a great time at woodkiller's yesterday.  Always nice to meet my fellow FF members :)

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!