iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

counting trees

Started by mountaineer, April 15, 2008, 06:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Like I said, hickory  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: mountaineer on April 28, 2008, 09:01:23 AM
hey dodgy are you teaching at uga? is it for your masters? (i see it says you are 24)

I taught a dendrology lab at UGA for three years.  Finished my Masters in December, so now I have a real job (:-\ :) :-[ ;D...hmmm, I can't decide which emoticon is appropriate ;)).

The nuts are definitely pignut, and the coarseness of the branches also suggests hickory.  Looks like WDH called it!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

SwampDonkey

Yip, he did.

But, I think there is more than one dead tree species. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mountaineer

so pignut hickory it is. what possibly killed them? seems there are a few dead. i do have several shagbarks on the property. they don't seem to be anything alike. thx yall

Thank You Sponsors!