iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjustable outriggers on a WMLT35

Started by DixieReb31, January 06, 2024, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DixieReb31

Anyone make their own adjustable outriggers? Or use trailer jacks as outriggers?  I would like to install adjustable outriggers on my mill and need ideas to make my own.  Any help would be appreciated.
WM LT35HD, John Deere 2040, John Deere 4044 w/FEL, Grapple, forks.

MattM

Yes, I have six 5000lb square trailer jacks for outriggers on my LT35hd. Cost me $260cad after taxes. They mount right in the old outrigger brackets.

You have to take them apart and drill a hole in them so that you can lock them in place with the old outrigger pins.  The inner portion also needs to be trimmed so that the pin passes all the way through the square tube. Otherwise it only has 1/8in of pin holding it.
The only other modification I did was on the middle jack on the backstop side closest to the hyd box. I reversed the bend in the handle to make it easier to use, otherwise the roller gets in the way of spinning the handle

I do portable and with these jacks it takes me 5 minutes to set up and level the mill.

Edit: I forgot to add that you don't need to make the backstop-side jacks offset. You have a tire that sticks way out there for stability, just make sure it's always touching the ground or have shims under the tire. I have milled on slopes where I needed 10" of shims under the backstop-side tire to somewhat level the mill side to side and have never had any issues with the mill wanting to flip on me :D

LT35HDG25

DixieReb31

Thanks Matt, exactly what I was looking for.  I was wondering if it could be done.  You proved it could be.
WM LT35HD, John Deere 2040, John Deere 4044 w/FEL, Grapple, forks.

Thank You Sponsors!