iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The 4th

Started by Magicman, July 03, 2024, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I know "Independence Day" but during my entire lifetime it has been a family day with eats and various activities.  It was always referred to as; "Going to the 4th", I suppose because it was always at Grandma's house and we had to go.

Of course we are now the Grands and we have always hosted the event since we became the official family "arches". 

Our eats will again be centered around "drum chickin" and our activities will be centered around our annual trail ride and scavenger hunt.  PatD and I hid da frogs this afternoon so tomorrow morning....

IMG_4131~0.JPG
I will begin by displaying the entrance Flags and Banners.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Great stuff.  :thumbsup: I just heard the fireworks over Mars Hill just a bit ago. My window is open at night, so I don't miss nothin'.  ffcool ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy  

Actually, about 2 weeks ago, the farmer over around there, put up some works and probably more than any small town around here. I had to walk up the road around 10:00 pm above the yard trees to see the show. But the neighbour up the road could sit on the porch and see the show, no trouble at all.  ffsmiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I hope everyone has a great 4th!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The Flags & Banners are up

IMG_6086.JPG

And the chickin is soaking in Marinade. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brian C.

Sounds like a great time family together to celebrate our freedom! Happy and safe 4th.

CCCLLC

Hope I'm  not to late with this but hopefully some pics of the " drum chicken " on the the grill or plate.🤤

SwampDonkey

Heard the fireworks last night again, 2nd time this week. This time was the town of Mars Hill. I think that farmer set them off a couple times, including the 3rd. I could just make out one rocket not quite above the trees, in the direction of the town.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: CCCLLC on July 05, 2024, 08:47:34 AMhopefully some pics of the " drum chicken "
It happened and I do have some pictures but not enough signal here at the Cabin to add them.  I will when we get back home.  ffsmiley

Magicman

Quote from: CCCLLC on July 05, 2024, 08:47:34 AMpics of the " drum chicken " on the the grill
I was almost discombobulated from the family for asking it they would rather have something else beside Drum Chickin this year... :shocked2:

Chicken Drum
Dump a large bag of charcoal in the drum and light-r-up.  The S hooks are for hanging da chickin from da rods.

IMG_7878.JPG
Lay um out, season, and hook um up.

IMG_7879.JPG
Just hangin around.
IMG_7885.JPG
And smokin a bit.

IMG_7882.JPG
Keep da lid on.

IMG_7887.JPG
And about 2 1/2 hours later pull the halves in two and put them in a styro cooler.

IMG_6113.JPG
Five Golf Cars and two 4 wheelers ready for da trail ride. 

IMG_6114.JPG
Da red shirted riders are ready to hit da trail looking for their envelope with $5 inside but....

IMG_6115.JPG
Their sights are on finding one of the two Hidden Frogs that contain the grand prizes of $20.

IMG_6116~0.JPG
But this year they needed to identify a Mulberry tree.

IMG_6117.JPG
And limbs from a Paw Paw tree in order to find the Frogs.

Well, we have been to the 4th.  :usa:

Resonator

Nothin' like good charcoal chicken. Used to do a fundraiser dinner where we'd cook hundreds on grates over charcoal in a long steel box frame. :thumbsup: smiley_chef_hat
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!