iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New toy!

Started by Satamax, November 18, 2022, 07:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

For the sawmill, firewood processing, and chairlift cabin work. And plenty of other stuff. I have one bucket, one drott 4 in 1 bucket and pallet forks. I will have to be really careful, as i already scratched the tarmac in front of my place. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

YellowHammer

That is NICE!
Congratulations.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Satamax

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 18, 2022, 07:20:12 AM
That is NICE!
Congratulations.
It will be even nicer with the grapple on it. It's all hydraulic quick attach. 
But i will have to learn how to operate it. I already have done few mistakes. Scratched the tarmac in front of my land when unloading it. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

aigheadish

Slick! I don't think I've seen one like that with wheels rather than track. It's gotta be good for moving around vs. tracks, maybe not so good if your land is wet. I've made a huge rutted mess of my yard with the backhoe but that's really my only complaint. I'd be interested to know if you need the grapple and the 4 in 1 (is it a wide bucket 4 in 1?).
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Satamax

Quote from: aigheadish on November 18, 2022, 07:43:07 AM
Slick! I don't think I've seen one like that with wheels rather than track. It's gotta be good for moving around vs. tracks, maybe not so good if your land is wet. I've made a huge rutted mess of my yard with the backhoe but that's really my only complaint. I'd be interested to know if you need the grapple and the 4 in 1 (is it a wide bucket 4 in 1?).
Thankfully my land is dry. And it will soon have snow chains (mud chains too :D ) 

Resonator

I suppose those are more common in Europe, I've only seen Mecalac machines on Youtube doing demonstrations. I think they're still trying to get a foothold in the US market. Looks like a multi purpose machine, should be handy. smiley_thumbsup
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Satamax

Satamax

barbender

At first mention I thought the Mecalac machines would be kind of a joke- doing lots of stuff, not very well. But from the videos I've watched, they actually look quite capable and versatile. I'm jealous!
Too many irons in the fire

Wlmedley

Drott made a similar machine in the 70's and 80's.They made two styles of booms.One had arm cylinder on top which worked good for backhoe work and one with arm cylinder on bottom,like yours,which worked good for shovel use.Yours will have a lot more arm out power than arm in which should be good for your use.Take care of electrical swivel at center of machine.Nice machine!
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

711ac

Been watching a lot of YouTube on these, very versatile machines and a completely different approach (in Europe) to excavation especially  if you add the rotator with the little pinchers. 
Congratulations! Should be handy as a shirt pocket.

charles mann

Now that is the cat's meow. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

customsawyer

Very nice looking machine. You've been looking for one for a while. I'm happy for you. The more you use it the more you're going to learn you can do with it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Satamax

One thing which is bugging me, is i didn't inspect it thoroughly enough in spring. And it's pissing oil everywhere. 

That tames the happiness.  

taylorsmissbeehaven

great looking machine! I have seen the brand on utube from another post here. keep us posted on the learning curve, Brian 
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Satamax

Quote from: taylorsmissbeehaven on November 19, 2022, 06:10:03 PM
great looking machine! I have seen the brand on utube from another post here. keep us posted on the learning curve, Brian
Will do. 

Crossroads

Looks like a handy machine!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

aigheadish

Satamax, do you have busted hoses? Is that where the leaks are coming from? I'm curious to know hose prices on that side of the pond... Over here it's nothing for a couple feet of hose and the fittings being 120-150 bucks.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Satamax

Tired hoses, couplings which are not tight. Etc. Thankfully, i have a good friend who has a  hose cutter, fitting crimper, and all the hoses and fittings needed.

But for the moment, i'm on the sofa, stuck coughing with covid.  :(

It gonna snow tonight. I can't go and fetch the chains that i've bought for it. Workshop if full, so i can't put the land rover in it. blade is not on the brimont etc! A'm not ready for the winter. :( 

DanMc

Oil leaks!  In most cases, every used machine will need a number of repairs that the prior owner has been putting off.  Hopefully you won't find any big issues.  Those repairs will help you to become acquainted with the machine.  The alternative is to buy new, and pay double the price, and then you're fighting with the dealer on warranty service.   
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

Satamax

Quote from: DanMc on November 21, 2022, 08:39:40 AM
Oil leaks!  In most cases, every used machine will need a number of repairs that the prior owner has been putting off.  Hopefully you won't find any big issues.  Those repairs will help you to become acquainted with the machine.  The alternative is to buy new, and pay double the price, and then you're fighting with the dealer on warranty service.  
I have paid about a tenth of the new price. But it was the worse around. Mind you, as i know what you just said. I'd rather take a machine pissing oil, and that i gonna improve. Rather than a "merguez" (i let you search that one! :D ) Which has hidden flaws, and will die into my hands. 

Thank You Sponsors!