iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2023

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2023, 01:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Nice bull. The hunt will be on here in a  couple weeks.

Not seeing much of any storm here yet,  a small breeze now, no rain so far. It will get here eventually I'm sure. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

55F here this morning, and not going to change much. Going to have NW winds off of Lee. So, it's going to be one cold tropical storm.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

It's wet out. Just about enough rain to keep things wet. Just another typical "summer" day here in Maine.
Except for the wind. Just had a gust that was kinda on the strong side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

So far a couple passing showers. Enough to discourage lawn mowing. Never got time yesterday in the middle of canning ketchup and doing the weekly run to town a day early to prep for the storm. I don't think we are to get much before noon. I looked at the radar and light rain was passing east and west of us and we are in a dry spot in between. :D

Old Greenhorn

The eye of that storm is exactly due east of us right now and it seems to be moving pretty dang slow. We had higher winds than normal yesterday some over 20MPH, but today is nearly calm. Yesterday was full sunshine but cool, as noted before. Today the overnight low was 59° and it's 61 right now with solid overcast.
 The clouds are supposed to diminish through the day down to around 40% by sunset, and the high for today is supposed to be 71. 
 You folks in the path would do well to hunker down. These slow moving storms can bring a lot of pain with continued rain for long periods. I hope to hear you are all in good shape when you come out the other side. This thing has some serious winds closer into the working part of the storm.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Hilltop366

The wind has picked up a bit since last night gust up to 40mph now, suppose to increase to 50 to 60 for a while this afternoon then start slacking off a bit later this evening. 

WhitePineJunky

Fair amount of trees down in my area especially because the fire killed off lots of spruce and burnt shallow roots up. Unfortunately one of my pin oaks I just planted after the fire might not make it the bamboo support snapped now it's horizontal in the wind 🤷‍♂️ . About 90-100 wind gusts here with  heavy rain. 

SwampDonkey

At the moment here the sun is peeking through, the wind is nothing much yet but is picking up some, less then 20 mph from the north.

SwampDonkey

Light rain is closing in more now, the wind hasn't changed much other then working over to the NE corner. 59F now.

thecfarm

The wet did not last long. I think all dry by 9 in the morning. All dry here now.
Wind is blowing. Not real hard.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Other than a little wind, it's been about the same rain as all summer. Only been 1/2" so far in the gauge.

Jim_Rogers

My news down here in NC says 98,000 in Maine out of power.

How you guys doing up there?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Hilltop366

Never lost power here, the outage map shows a few outages around me but it looks worse around were WhitePineJunky is and along that coast going north. The outage map says around 122,000 customers affected.

woodroe

Wind still blowing but 75% of those who lost power have it back on.
Supposedly 500 line crews working the storm. Lights blinked here a few times in
central maine area but never lost power. Hardly any rain from it here but some
downeast coastal areas picking up 5"+ so far.
Lots of Apples on the ground all of a sudden. Picked up 20 lbs. from 4 trees
just from today's wind. Close to a 1/2 bushel.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Central Maine Power, CMP, only has a little over 39,000.

CMP outage list

But there are other power companies in Maine.
As posted, not much of a storm in central Maine. We was lucky.
I am in Franklin County, but Kennebec and Androsscoggin are just minutes from me.

SwampDonkey

Power flickered once here, but never lost it. I think the rain diminished to light sprinkles by midnight. Still a breeze out there, will help dry stuff off. ;D Too dark to check the rain gauge yet, but probably no more than an inch. Should see blue sky here by mid morning. Radar shows the light rain will end before daylight.

SwampDonkey

Rain gauge is showing 1-1/4" of rain. Not as much rain as we had Wednesday night, 1-1/2". But, 3-3/4" rain all week, got the other inch Monday. NB Power says 12,148 outages in New Brunswick. All west and south of here. Looks to be in tact all across the north.

SwampDonkey

Sunny day here now, suppose to hit the 70's.

WhitePineJunky

Some damage but expected with lots of trees and burnt roots, I got my trails and roads cleared up in 3 hours then cleaned up some trees on the main road. Power is gone until 11 pm possibly until tomorrow night am hearing now 

thecfarm

Calm after the storm. We was lucky. But I am inland too. Sun all day, temps in the low 70's. 

Ianab

We've had wind here in NZ too. Missed most of it where we are, but some airports closed, rough flights where they could actually fly, and some vehicles blown off the road. 

One weather station over on the East Coast was recording 190kph (~120 mph) wind, gusting to 246k (152mph).  :o

No particular storm associated with it, just straight line winds from a low pressure system down South getting funnelled though the Mts and ranges. Still a strong wind watch for the Sth Island for a the next couple of days, but not expected to be as bad. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Old Greenhorn

Glad everyone (in both hemispheres) seems to have gotten through these latest weather events with minor inconveniences pretty much. Nice sunny day yesterday, good for the attic kiln, which peaked at over 90° while ambient only hit 72°. Clouds rolled in in late afternoon and that cooled off to the 70's in the evening. The rain came in late evening and tinkled down all night and is still coming. We are at close to 3/4" since it started and not expecting it to stop until dark. SO pretty much a damp, cool, fall day here.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

The old joke,
Guess what?
It's raining.  ::)

SwampDonkey

Been raining hard here for awhile, a little breezy to. 54F on the porch.

1-3/4" rain so far.

SwampDonkey

The rain slowed for awhile until about noon, but has since ramped up and now we are at 2" and it's raining a good clip.  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!