iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Mulching Fail

Started by Jeff, August 11, 2023, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

When he gets back, I hope to have him mulch out for a driveway expansion. Current conditions makes it tough to have visitors like @GAB and @DbltreeBelgians hauling rigs to stop and visit as they can testify to. We got Gerald out, and Brent docked his train on da downside of da big bridge and came back. I think with my hoe and a little mulching, and a culvert extention, I can fix the issue of getting off and back on the road. This aint a good road to park on due to the ditches and short shoulders.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JD Guy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 26, 2023, 04:15:51 AM
Nice to get that growth away from the buildings. Makes the critters more hesitant in getting in there to make a mess. A squirrel near a spruce tree can makes a mess of anything parked inside with shelled cone scales all over along with poo poo. Eliminate the veg corridor from bush to building. :D I like squirrels, but like'm much better outside in their own space. I get a kick out of all the scale piles out on the woodlot. They are busy. :D
I like squirrels best in Brunswick Stew 8)

SawyerTed

Always back to food!  

Yes a good traditional Brunswick Stew will have some squirrels in it.  But ssshhhh, a good Brunswick Stew is like good grits.   :)

Our brethren from the north may not know to appreciate Brunswick Stew!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

SwampDonkey

We had lots of other good meat from woods and waters. :D Snowshoe hare ain't bad in a stew, like chicken stew. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Jeff on August 26, 2023, 09:35:55 AM
When he gets back, I hope to have him mulch out for a driveway expansion. Current conditions makes it tough to have visitors like @GAB and @DbltreeBelgians hauling rigs to stop and visit as they can testify to. We got Gerald out, and Brent docked his train on da downside of da big bridge and came back. I think with my hoe and a little mulching, and a culvert extention, I can fix the issue of getting off and back on the road. This aint a good road to park on due to the ditches and short shoulders.

I will have to agree with @Jeff . There was absolutely no way da train was gonna swing in there.

Brent

Jeff

Me text: Are you coming today?
Mulcher Guy: Yes.
Me: Cool.

Jeff

@DbltreeBelgians @Furby claims he can put this in there. I said you can put it in there but it aint coming out without closing the road.

DbltreeBelgians

I'll block the road for him ;D

Brent

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Maybe he wasn't planning on leaving.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

If he wanted to leave me a spare very nice tiny house, datted be okay.

Walnut Beast

Jeff or dbltree what is that on the back of the toyhauler

GAB

Jeff:
The town or county road is not all that wide and your driveway culvert I did not think was very wide either.
A truck that long, and a trailer with the wheels that far behind the rear truck wheels, well I would suggest he wait until after you widen the culvert.  Now if he tries backing it in he might have a chance, and an even better chance of getting out.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Walnut Beast on August 27, 2023, 01:55:16 PM
That's his tennis court net and fence. :D Lord save us, if I was travelling, the last thing I need is to haul a house around. If back roads was your thing, don't ever come to NB. The back roads here would up end the contents of that thing and most likely sever truck from trailer. :) I see trailers park at Walmart here sometimes, it's off the 4-lane. But the road into the parking lot is pothole city. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doc henderson

GAB, or he could just go really fast!!! and post it on the did something dump thread! :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:  ;)  :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Walnut Beast on August 27, 2023, 01:55:16 PM
@Walnut Beast I don't know what that is, you'll have to ask @Furby , it's not mine.

This is my road train. 44' Keystone Fuzion 419 toy hauler.
Furby can try all he wants but this set up ain't no way fittin in Jeff's driveway as it is right now.

Brent 

Jeff

Still working on it, but you can get a 60 ft rig in here now!

Nebraska

doc henderson

I will have to measure.   :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Resonator

And so began Jeff's FF campground... ;D
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

Little more work done. Good enough for now. We have 3 days of rain coming, so I'm seeding this with climax Timothy. It should make a good durable solid grass road and still have some forage value.

Thank You Sponsors!