iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New rising country singer

Started by WhitePineJunky, August 13, 2023, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePineJunky

I bet a lot of you have heard it by now within last couple days. It is great though

https://youtu.be/sqSA-SY5Hro

OH logger

That sure is a good song lots of truths in there.  Thanks 
john

Walnut Beast

He's number one on the top 100 on ITunes and has five in the top ten. Beating out Luke Combs, Jelly Roll and Taylor Swift to name a few

Walnut Beast

A little bit about him and inspiring people!

https://youtu.be/tmxyMJd7IQ8

Live from Morris Farmers market 

https://youtu.be/MyImGay9tG4

Walnut Beast

Cracking cool ones and cranking Rich Men North of Richmond and thinking of getting taxed on everything. Drive down the county roads that are solid washboard and don't hardly ever see the road grader anymore. Can't do what you want with your own land but they love to take thousands in taxes. Glad to see this guy Oliver Anthony getting over 23m views on YouTube from just about a 1m the other day.

Walnut Beast

Not bad for a guy living in a 750 dollar trailer and turning 8 m down. Good read of his post! 

Tv

charles mann

Heck of a lot better than most of garbage hipity hopity bro country crap on the radio waves nowadays. I RARELY have my radio on, on local stations. Its usually synched to my phone and use the noise to break the monotony of driving. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Walnut Beast

barbender

That's just my kinda show! People get kinda confused when they see my playlists. Metallica, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Christian, classical guitar. My musical tastes are as all over the place as I am. But no hip hop😁
Too many irons in the fire

WhitePineJunky

Quote from: barbender on August 22, 2023, 02:49:28 PM
That's just my kinda show! People get kinda confused when they see my playlists. Metallica, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Christian, classical guitar. My musical tastes are as all over the place as I am. But no hip hop😁
Me too! Here's a good one from JC for ya cheers
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzQ_d1XLcY&pp=ygUSSW0gdGhlIGdlbmVyYWwgbGVl

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Not everyone is happy with Oliver..  He has touched on a sore spot in this country that the media has covered up and ignored. 

It's a pleasure to meet you - YouTube

Skip the many videos that may be too political. But they are indeed showing and exposing the left side.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yeah, different 'rags' have written smear pieces already. The Guardian calls it QAnon, one of them trigger words Google puts a flag on and shows a wikipedia page on as if that is the authority on knowledge. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: beenthere on August 23, 2023, 04:38:53 PM
Not everyone is happy with Oliver.. ........
You changed the video you had attached before I could reply. With respect to the fist one, from Fox news I don't think they had a problem with his lyrics or message, they did make one incredible leap into assuming it was a way to support the former president and disparage the current one. That leap was quite incredible and a bit beyond my comprehension. But folks will take art and twist it to suit their needs, been doing it for centuries. I won't comment further because I am already straddling the line here, I know.
 I personally think that Oliver's message was that we don't like ANY of these elected officials and how they execute their jobs for the 'betterment' of our society, regardless of party. But that's just me and it's what I also believe. They all stink to high heaven.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

DanG, if that young fella ain't playin' a Gretsch resonator!! :o smiley_guitarist

Listened to that "Rich men north of Richmond" song. I kinda like it, he's definitely singing with heart and soul. Only drawback I see is a couple expletive words that wouldn't get it played for general audience.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

The opening question at the GOP debate was why is this song resonating with folks.  The real answer was all the folks standing there on the stage.  Word is Anthony is raking in $40K / day right now from royalties - good for him.  Trying to see if he will play a farmers market we attend each Saturday.  If he does I will have video to post.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

newoodguy78

He lives somewhat in your area doesn't he? The heck with video if he's playing at your market I'll show up for the live show  :D :D

Southside

Yea he lives about half an hour from us.
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Maybe he'll debut his next hit, "The Bald Guy From White Oak Meadows".
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Donk, I watched the first 5 minutes and killed it. Liberal dick it appears. Fired from the forest service it seems. I'll not watch him again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

This forum is meant to foster discussion and learning and I value that a lot. Given that, I rarely throw out a hard and fast, drop dead opinion on anything because I like to hear what others know and think, understanding that what they share may adjust my opinion. However, this video is an exception.

I don't know this youtube expert and I may have watched a video or two of his in the past but don't recall them. What I can say (IMHO) is that this is the biggest piece of (seemingly) endless drivel I have ever watched. This guy shows clearly he knows nothing about music, songwriting, or the art of conveying a message. He seems to have decided at the outset that he wouldn't like it. He interrupts the song after just a few words to pick those apart and before he can even hear the thought expressed in the phrase. This just just like to hear himself talk and show everybody how smart he is (not). A total waste of bandwidth. He knows nothing about this art and the craft involved. He just wants to complain about the whining he hears before he has to listen to the message and interpret it as a whole. The video is useless garbage except to show me this guy is just a talking head. He even contradicts his own comments several times in the video which eliminates any credibility he may have started with. In addition, because he was so busy talking he grossly missed the message of the song, instead layering on what he THOUGHT was being said.
I know a bunch of songwriters and performers and have even participated in the process a time or two. It is an iterative process and the entire song is taken as a whole, not 3 seconds at a time. When you listen to a new piece and try to add helpful comments, you LISTEN to the whole thing and then on a second (or third) run through you MIGHT be able to add some thoughts of value.
This guy knows less than nothing and adds no value. That's just my opinion, yours may be different. I think he shows himself to be a jerk.

EDITED TO ADD:
After I posted this I was so disgusted thinking about it (negative comments are not my thing) that I went right to the guys video and left a short comment about how he should find something else to do because reviewing music was not his 'thing'. I read a few of the other comments and apparently, I am not the only one who thinks that way.
Jeff, the only reason I watched the entire painful thing was because unlike him, I like to give a person  chance to fully express their thought before I render an opinion on it, something he is not in the habit of doing. (BTW, you didn't miss anything worthwhile.) I will say it was hard to sit through it all. I think he did a lot more whining than what he was accusing the artist of. He's a jerk (did I say that already? well, he still is. :D)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Actually, he's not a liberal Jeff. He has had to use restraint when making comments against the current narrative or lose his channel. His boy works a fire fighting crew for the Forest Service. Wrangler lost his job over something stupid, wearing forest service gear while doing a video. That's all it takes apparently. Saying that, I don't agree with many of his views, he's a hack at most anything he does and he admits it. :D

rusticretreater

Just an average bloke finding meaning his songwriting.  Suddenly he finds himself subject to white-hot spotlight scrutiny and folks picking apart every detail to attack or support him. Such is our way of life now with this *DanG social media. 

This is a political protest song and this discussion is probably best placed in the restricted area.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!