iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's Your EDC?

Started by GaTrapper, September 26, 2023, 07:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

At work, keys in the R pocket.  pocketknife with serration and fire starter L pocket.  Phone in L cargo pocket.  work phone chest pocket with two 7 mm gel pens and a clip with ID badge also has the electronic key to open doors.  I have several of the folding raptor trauma shears.  they are cool but heavy and I do not like the flopping in a pocket.  they come with a belt clip, but I have not found a place or got used to carrying them yet.

RaptorĀ® Shears | Leatherman

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

I like the Leatherman tool the best but carry a Gerber mostly. The little scissors are a large animal veterinarian's friend. 

GaTrapper

Quote from: beenthere on September 26, 2023, 05:50:12 PM
QuoteI'm trying to start carrying more because I am tired of constantly running back and forth to the shop throughout the day.

Suggest you make a list for two-week period running back and forth, and then check off what you want to carry in your pockets.
Good advice. I am pretty good at making a "to do list. I have an app on my phone and whenever I think of something or I have something pop up, it gets added to the list.
The EDC stuff is more for things that randomly occur. For example, two weeks ago I was riding around on the Polaris and had the air intake hose pop off. I was able to get it back on and get home, but did not have anything to tighten the hose clamps down with. 

Old Greenhorn

I neglected to mention in my post that two things I always have are a small flashlight and a hanky (bandana). You can't live here in the Catskills and not have a flashlight handy, it gets REAL dark at night, plus I am always looking into and under machines and equipment. Both I have carried for so long I don't even think about them.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Brad_bb

Benchmade 940 Osborne pocket knife.

RFID blocking thin card  wallet
chapstick in winter
keys and phone

You asked excluding weapon.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Corley5

Leatherman REV with pocket clip, nail clippers, wallet, bandanna/handkerchief.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

doc henderson

Corley, I did not know that Leatherman made a tool with all those things included.   :D   how do you fold the bandana back in after use?   :D :o :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

aigheadish

I work in a factory where most tools are around and handy. 

My EDC at work, in the same pockets every time, so I don't lose or forget things (I give myself a pat down every morning on the way out the door), my wallet, keys, a lighter, my phone, smokes, and a Pilot Precise V5 pen. 

I wouldn't mind carrying a Leatherman or equivalent around but they take up so much room in a pocket and I'm not really a holster kind of guy. I think Southside mentioned the closable razor knife? I have a low profile one of those that would be handy to have on me. 

At home and around the property, the wallet and keys are traded for barn or equipment keys and kind of like Ted I'm starting to use tool boxes, more and more, with the needed tools for the needed space. While it's not hugely far, the barn is a ways from the shop and the amount of times I've walked back and forth, forgetting something, has made me bonkers. So, now I have the startings of a tool box for the barn with more equipment related stuff in them. I also have a few cabinets out there that I'll start adding all the various fluids and more tools, parts, etc. to so I can clear out space in the shop, garage, or shed. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Corley5

;D Skill. It's all about skill.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ljohnsaw

I used to carry a Swiss Army Knife when I was working in the office because I'd get a bigger, better one every 5 years of service. When the upper management realized that the guys in the office kept getting knives, they stopped offering them. :D

Now I don't carry anything but my phone. I have tool boxes all over the place. One in my shop with both metric and standard, one in my truck with standard, one each in the garage of metric and standard and one each at the cabin of metric and standard!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038
Ford 545D FEL
Genie S45
Davis Little Monster backhoe
Case 16+4 Trencher
Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

B.C.C. Lapp

Old Timer 3 blade stockman knife in right hand pocket. Swiss Army knife is left pocket.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

peakbagger

A good source for leatherman and other multitools are to find out where the local airports get rid of their TSA seized and abandoned stuff. The state of NH has a state surplus store open to the public 4 hours a week that sells off stuff from the local airport and possibly a few others. They literally have buckets of name brand multitools for less than $20 each. Out back they have drawers full of "clones" usually with company logos on them for a couple of bucks. Other airports sell the stuff by the pound and people buy the lots and pick through them. I got a gerber multitool for $12. 

Treeflea24

Reusable 8" zip ties.
It's not "every day" carried, but there are certain pairs of work pants or jackets and vests that will always have 6 or 8 of them stashed in a breast pocket or a cargo pocket. They dont get used too often, but you feel like a hero when you do get to use them.
I also open carry a sharpie
-

beenthere

Quote from: peakbagger on September 29, 2023, 08:55:12 AM
A good source for leatherman and other multitools are to find out where the local airports get rid of their TSA seized and abandoned stuff. The state of NH has a state surplus store open to the public 4 hours a week that sells off stuff from the local airport and possibly a few others. They literally have buckets of name brand multitools for less than $20 each. Out back they have drawers full of "clones" usually with company logos on them for a couple of bucks. Other airports sell the stuff by the pound and people buy the lots and pick through them. I got a gerber multitool for $12.
Good friend of mine did just that. Bought several lots of confiscated knives, etc. and could not believe the variety of quality goods. Was sad to see that people had to give those things up at the airport. I may have posted a pic or two, but will have to look for it. 
Googled and found this link
How to Buy Knives and Multitools from the TSA
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawyerTed

Apparently in NC, TSA transfers the confiscated stuff to the NC Dept of Administration, Surplus Property Division.  They auction or sell the stuff.  

Only thing is you have to go in person to shop.   Online stuff is auction only. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!