Sponsors:

Lack of Participation

Started by Jeff, March 15, 2009, 07:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, I suppose there are a lot of other things people could be doing other then enter this contest.

It takes a lot of time to watch the shows, create the questions, grade the answers, and do the things it takes to run the contest, if its a few people that enter, or a thousand, the work is about the same.

This week, so far, we have had less then 10 entries.  I going to do this one more week, and if things don't pick up considerably, I'm going to use my Monday nights for something else.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

We still have not had the first show of this season  ::) ::) ::)

I would say, do what you have to do.

Seems a lot of people are turned off this season  ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

farmerdoug

Jeff,  I have not even seen one of the shows this season.  No time this year, I am lucky to get on here for a while. :(  I enjoyed last years contest though. 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Ed

I would enter more often but the software won't let me............  :(

:D

I appreciate the effort that you put into this, Jeff.
A big thanks to Mindy & Pihl Logging also.

Ed

Rockfarmer

Quote from: Ed on March 16, 2009, 07:22:38 AM

I appreciate the effort that you put into this, Jeff.
A big thanks to Mindy & Pihl Logging also.

Ed

Me too! Love the show and the contest!!  Look forward to tonight's show ;D   8)

Mr Mom

would love to play but no cable.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

ksu_chainsaw

I don't have time to watch the show- I am usually asleep just as it starts, or fall asleep during it.  Last year they had each show on several times, and different times of day, but I don't see it on as often this year.

Charles

ADAMINMO

Let me win something first. Come on people ... It is a pretty good show.

ARKANSAWYER

Well I would play but I have never seen the show and it does not come in on my 3 channels.  Thats the problem of living way back in the woods.  Why at my house when the radio says "At the tone it will be 8.00 am" it is 5 after at my place.
ARKANSAWYER

Gary_C

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on March 16, 2009, 01:30:11 PM

Why at my house when the radio says "At the tone it will be 8.00 am" it is 5 after at my place.

Does that mean you have extra time or do you lose some time?

Sounds like by the time 8:00 gets there you can have an extra 5 minutes to get things done.

;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Dodgy Loner

I would play if I had a TV.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

SwampDonkey

I don't have satellite or cable here. But, I appreciate you putting together a contest once in awhile even if I don't or can't join in. I have participated in a few contests in the past, so I let some new blood have a crack at it. I don't need nothing anyway. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ARKANSAWYER

Time has no meaning here.  It is either day time or night time.  I eat when the sun comes up and when it is right over head and when it sits.  I work in between these events and go to Church on Sunday. 
ARKANSAWYER

SwingOak

I'd play along but I can't seem to find the contest link. It must be right under my nose... I didn't play every week last season because here I am in my 40's with a more-than-full-time job and still trying to finish my degree too. I don't get much sleep.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwingOak

Quote from: Jeff on March 17, 2009, 08:46:08 PM
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,36095.0.html

Thanks. And I just found it and can't understand how I missed it. Apparently it WAS right under my nose.  :-[

Wallys World

Only place that I can watch the show is my computer at work. They don't put the episodes on in a timely manner so i can play. At least the first one was on line.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.