iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loblolly maximum row width?

Started by Stan snider, September 30, 2009, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pullinchips

Yep, that was down there in starkville!  I did not personally do the sawing but was fully aware of it happening all while it was going on.  When the tree hit the ground it was the funniest thing seeing those guys wander out of the pitch black woods cross cut in hand. Both those guys were good buddies of mine.  What shcool where you with?

Hey i was the guy that did pole felling for Clemson and missed the stake by 180 degrees (i have to admit i am a lot better with a saw though, and everyone else was to drunk to do it).  :D

Oh yea then there was the mistake by a factor of 10 on the timber estimation where i blew everyone out of the water on the timber cruise.   :o  Pretty funny to think back about how dumb you actually are in school.

-Nate
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

Pullinchips

Oh and before anyone asks i did not count trees that weren't there, I made an error in my calculations which either was not didviding by 10 or 100 or something.  I figured it out at the time but today i have no idea what i did, kind of force forgot that whole thing? Heck i could have guessed and said there were 1000 tons and stayed in the truck and been closer than i was.

-Nate
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

SwampDonkey

There's always a know it all logger, or jack leg out there to confront a green horn just finishing college. I did a cruise for a fellow who is friend of the family. He was very pleased at the work put into it and all the info he wanted and more. He hired a guy, and from sitting in the truck he figured the whole cruise was out to lunch. Some of these guys don't want someone to present honest figures so they can low ball landowners. But, as he was cutting the ground and moving the wood he come to realize the cruise wasn't bad at all and told the landowner he was wrong to have doubted it. I knew what he said because the owner gave me feedback as to what was going on besides being friends of mom and dad anyway. He always praised me up ever since.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Pullinchips

I would lov to have said mine was right on the money but like i said i was way off due to an error in my calculations when trying to blow up the cruise from 1/10 acre plots to acres then to stand total.  Yep you would have wanted me to be buying your timber at that moment (lumpsum)!   :D
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

Brian Beauchamp

Quote from: Pullinchips on March 15, 2010, 09:31:48 AM
Yep, that was down there in starkville!  I did not personally do the sawing but was fully aware of it happening all while it was going on.  When the tree hit the ground it was the funniest thing seeing those guys wander out of the pitch black woods cross cut in hand. Both those guys were good buddies of mine.  What shcool where you with?

I went to OSU, but I wasn't there that year because we had an SAF golf tournament going on at the same time and I was the Chair, so I had to be there for that. Funny, yes, lol, but it, along with the overabundance of drunkenness, about put an end to conclave for good. The next year everyone pretty much straightened up at SFA...and the next at LA Tech when I went to recruit for some cruiser positions I had available...except for the potheads from Tennessee. Nothing like watching the crosscut competition and having some moron come puke at your feet. Needless to say, I didn't give him a business card to call me later for a job. lol

Had a great time at both conclaves I went to though...hope they can make sure they keep it going for everyone. Some of those smaller forestry programs just don't have the resources to host an event like that.

VT_Forestry

I was at conclave at Tennessee, Florida, and last year at Alabama A&M.  Had a great time at them all...sometimes a little too good :)   There is a photo floating around somewhere of me at Tennessee doing underhand chop shirtless...it was coooold too :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Thank You Sponsors!