iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tammy says enough

Started by Jeff, July 26, 2013, 12:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I keep getting these bright ideas (I think) and dive into them. She says I have had way more this year than usual and I need to stop for awhile. No more additional projects before the Pig Roast. :D   I thought this one up after noon yesterday. Gathered my materials by 7:pm, worked until dark last night, and finished up a few minutes ago.  We now have a new firepit area for the Pig Roast.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

DId you do the ring and spread the gravel and all of that? lot of work. Looks nice.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

I did all of it. Tammy helped me wash the stone when we were done as it was pretty filthy.  They brought the stone this morning in a cement mixer, so they were able to spread it some for me on one side, at least I didn't have to move it all from one place. 3 yards of stone. The wonderful thing is, there are lots of little pudding stones mixed in! :D Its nice living on top of a huge glacial stone pit. Stone is readily available and cheap. The worst part here is the delivery.

Few more photos showing some stone, and how I installed the burn ring for airflow.

moosehunter

If I can make it to the pig roast, the fire pit is where I'll be ;D
Nice job Jeff!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Delawhere Jack

Jeff, try sitting on your butt watching football and drinking beer all day every Sat and Sun for three to four weeks. I'm sure Tammy will warm back up to your other projects in a hurry!  ;)

sandhills

Very nice indeed, you and Tammy have a beautiful place there!

Autocar

Very nice you did a great job.
Bill

loggah

Jeff, Super job,looks great, you keep it up you will be down to 200lbs !!!!!! If i did that around here my wife would never stop finding projects !! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

LeeB

Lindy tries to get me to slow down on my projects too. I don't think it has anything to do with worrying I'm over extending myself. More to do with her list isn't getting taken care of.  :D  :D  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

thecfarm

My wife would like something like that. Me too!! About how big? What did you use for the circle for edgeing? Good job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pigman

Quotethere are lots of little pudding stones mixed in!
Are we aloud to use a bucket to collect pudding stones or do we just use our pockets to steal some stones? :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Piston

I like how you left the airspace under the fire ring.  It looks good, wish I could make it to the pig roast to enjoy a cold beer next to that!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

SwampDonkey

Looks like a well executed job there.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 27, 2013, 04:16:02 AMwell executed.......
I ain't stealing Jeff's rocks cause I don't wanna be executed.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

asy

That's not a 'fire pit', that's a 'fix  the world' pit.

I'm fairly sure that's gonna be surrounded LONG into the night by a mess of guys with beer discussing how to fix the problems of the world!!!  lol

Excellent, looking forward to photos.

Hey, Why don't you put the laptop on one of those chairs and I'll skype to the pigroast from here smiley_big-grin2
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Den Socling

This is no lie and barely an exaggeration. If my grandsons got near those stones, their pockets would be so full they wouldn't be able to walk. Excellent job, Jeff.

Qweaver

Great idea Jeff!  I think I'll be building one of these also.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Jeff

I can't understand enough. ;D  The owner of the cement plant, where I ordered the stone for the fire pit, gave me a pile of large stone behind the plant if I wanted to do the work to haul it home. It was pushed up with a bunch of dirt and had been there for years. Its a pain in the patoot getting them, but I've been working at it the last two days because they are FREE. Load up a load, then haul them home, that place them. I put the skids to that project for now, but I have got a bit done.  Doctorb should be here later tonight, so its time to crawl out of the ditch and make myself as presentable as possible. :D

WDH

I have been in that ditch before  :D.

Sometimes it takes a Doctor to get you out of the ditch  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 30, 2013, 10:10:19 PM

Sometimes it takes a Doctor to get you out of the ditch  :).

Danny ROCKS!  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

submarinesailor

Quote from: WDH on July 30, 2013, 10:10:19 PM

Danny - me too.  And I wish I was going to see it this year. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!