iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hauling Firewood-Lets see your rig

Started by spinner, November 11, 2013, 07:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblue12v

Thanks beenthere. I figured it out... I think lol. 
The Vermeer is a retired trencher I'm going to convert into a mini skidder. I use winch and ramps to parbuckle logs onto truck. Also use side racks and a swiveling homemade crane with ATV winch and tongs to load big rounds if I need to.

Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

uplander

Nice setup big blue! What is the small green tractor?
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

bigblue12v

Quote from: uplander on August 06, 2015, 10:11:17 AM
Nice setup big blue! What is the small green tractor?

Thanks, that is a Lawn Boy GT18H garden tractor I have done a lot of work to it, converted it to 4wd, added power steering, built 3pt. Hitch with hydraulic top link, beefed up front frame section, larger tires all filled with fluid, etc. Lawn Boy garden tractors were made by Gilson and only sold a couple of years around 90-91 then Toro bought lawn boy out and shut down the riders.

I picked up a 16' tandem axle camper frame trailer last night for peanuts I'm going to turn into a log trailer and bucking platform.
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

lopet

Quote from: brendonv on August 04, 2015, 04:11:42 PM
Oh what the heck. Heres the new beast. I love it. Loader is metavic, i built up the hydro pack with a honda, i built the log bunks/assembly, the main trailer frame was done in pennsylvania.

Its been awesome so far. I still have a weekened of tidying and paint in the fall.

Nice setup.
What's the lift capacity of the loader and how many hp and gallons is your power pack ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

brendonv

2-3k they say. It's strong.

I built the power pack with a 13hp Honda and cassappa pump what I think was 7gpm. I have the specs of you need them. I can't run it full throttle as its too fast. Run it about 2500 rpm. Can do 3600
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

711ac

Quote from: brendonv on August 04, 2015, 04:11:42 PM
Oh what the heck. Heres the new beast. I love it. Loader is metavic, i built up the hydro pack with a honda, i built the log bunks/assembly, the main trailer frame was done in pennsylvania.

Its been awesome so far. I still have a weekened of tidying and paint in the fall.

That's a fine looking rig ya got there! Truck included.

Thank You Sponsors!