iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watcha Growing

Started by 21incher, June 28, 2016, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Yeah i think i might get one or two more little cukes, ive got 5 jars of fridge pickles left and one yellow squash so i guess summer is winding down.  

It was 50 last night.  Coldest weve had so far.  Trying to decide if its too late to plant broccoli, kale, cabbage, onions etc.  Ive never done a fall crop and am feeling lazy about it after a somewhat lackluster summer garden.  I guess i could do a plastic tunnel.  
Praise The Lord

woodroe

Tomato season has officially ended along with other frost tender crops.
Tomato yield was very good despite some drought issues .
Yield from 17 plants was 125 lbs. Weighed them daily as they came in for about a month. Pretty good return on a $10 investment in seedlings.
A few of the tomatoes went two lbs. Most were at least a lb. 
If you like large beefsteak tomatoes try Beefmaster. You've probably seen them on display 
at the fair with blue ribbons in front of them.
Some have some funky scarring on the blossom end and even two tomatoes joined together from one flower.
2nd crop of corn coming in now, planted mid June. This crop has been more affected by drought 
than the 1st with smaller ears common. 

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Chuck White

My tomatoes got done last night!  >:(

We had heavy frost and 28° starting at midnight, and it was still frosty at 8:00AM.

I went out to pick whatever was left, but most of them were FROZEN, so the whole lot was pulled and thrown in the wheelbarrow then dumped off the side of the yard.

Had a "4-ft Log planter" on the front porch, full of flowers so I had them covered with a blanket, but when I uncovered them about 10:00AM, they were all curled up, so now they keep company with the tomatoes!

The blanket used to protect them from the frost, but the continued freezing temps not-so-much!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

Just realized id already posted that curly cuke.  Forum foul on me. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!