iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

'A circle sawmill journey...' will continue, thanks to a little 'pine therapy'

Started by SPD748, December 27, 2014, 05:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPD748

I haven't cut any wood since my Dad passed. I just couldn't bring myself to do so. Today, I decided to break the cycle and fire up the old Detroit. My friend came over and we sawed a pair of loblolly pine logs. Those old logs only made stickers however I found solace in the smell and sound of the mill running. I know that my Dad would be pleased that I have decided to continue and finish 'A circle sawmill journey...'

I'd like to thank all those that have taken time to call/text/message and post words and messages of encouragement. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

My Dad, among other things, NEVER quit... and neither shall I. Stay tuned!

-lee

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Magicman

I am glad to hear that you made smoke & sawdust today.  Keep the memory alive.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mikeb1079

that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

We also have good memories of your Dad too. Thanks to you and your Dad.

Happy sawing.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tree Dan

What do you think Dad would say....Now keep that sawmill buzzzen smiley_old_guy
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

sealark37

When I look at my Frick, I wonder how many good men worked it for as long as they could.  I hope they all had a good time.  Regards, Clark

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

WmFritz

Diesel smoke and sawdust are the best aroma therapy.

Glad you fired her up, Lee.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

customsawyer

Great to hear you had her up and running. Staying tuned for more action in the future. popcorn_smiley
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

Real glad to hear you have resumed your quest,, I believe taking the first step is often times the hardest, but each one gets easier.
I believe your father would want you to proceed in your dreams.  Looking forward to the next page of your journey, thanks for sharing.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

slider

al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!