iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna warranty

Started by OldTimbercutter, February 08, 2011, 08:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimbercutter

Does anyone know  how long the warranty is on a 390xp?  Anybody running a 390xp and how have they held up?  I run 660 and 460 stihls now but was thinking of maybe trying a husky.  Thanks
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

chucker

mine was new the first week of january!  used for prof. use there warrented for 6 months... so far ive only had a chance to run 2 tanks of fuel through it on 10" birch an red oak..2/3rds cd.. works and handles good but not likeing the 28" bar on the landing!! switched to a 20" with more ease around the tree lengths... hope to get a real work out sometime next week with the temps climbing into the upper 30,s and lower 40,s !! bring on spring an the mud!!!!
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

boatman

The Husky dealer hear said 90 days for professional use.  Said it used to be just 60 days.

So I'm getting a 385xp through Logosol with a 3 year warranty that covers milling with the saw.

What does stihl offer for their saws?

OldTimbercutter

Stihl has a three month warranty if used for professional  use. One year for homeowner use. It would be nice if they had a year on pro use . I would buy new every year and ebay the old saws.
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

rayrayrau

Stihl has recently (as of 1/1/11) added a special warranty for homeowner type customers that doubles the warranty on any motorized product they purchase if they buy a 6 pack of full synthetic ultra Stihl oil when they purchase the unit.  If you are a homeowner, or don't use your machine to make income you get two years of warranty on saws and four years on pretty much everything else.  A little off topic for Husqvarna warranty I know.  Thought I might also add Husqvarna warranties crankshafts on XP saws for a year.
Stihl 009 020t 026 034s 046 051 075, Husqvarna 55 460 570 272 576

nhlogga

I believe the ignition coils are lifetime warranty on all Huskys.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

DonT

My four new huskies, come with a one year warranty and they are commercial use saws.Stihl also offers the six pack of oil warranty extension here in Canada.I had a piece of metal break of beside the on off switch on one of my husky 357's last year and they would not warranty it,I felt that it was a weak spot in the casting as the saw had not been dropped or abused but they said no.My dealer is great to deal with and has always stood behind his product.

boatman

I miss spoke on my reply above.  The dealer said the warranty for commercial saws was doubled this ear from 60 to 120 days.

And I am ending up getting the 395xp today.

OldTimbercutter

Talked to a dealer and they said all xp saws were going to six months warranty regardless if it is pro use or homeowner. They said to many pro users were saying they were homeowners to get the longer warranty. This had just rececently changed.
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

barbender

Yeah, Husky did some research and found that 97% of 395xp's were purchased by homeowners :D :D
Too many irons in the fire

lumberjack48

I could never understand this, they'll give a guy who knows nothing about a saw more warranty than a pro saw man.

The hardest thing on a saw is cutting up firewood, then they sell'em a little saw, this is where you need a bigger saw, when i cut firewood up the only time the saw got a break was when it ran out of gas.

Back when i ran Husky it was 6 months, I owned 9 of them at one time back in the late 70's, when i was running a full crew.

I always had 1, 2 or 3 broke down, when i bought a new one, the dealer would fix one of my old ones with that warranty, he'd use that warranty off an on for the 6 months to keep my Husky's running. This is where he made money was in the warranty work, this is what he told me.

I didn't ask any questions, it worked for me
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Cut4fun

Quote from: barbender on February 15, 2011, 09:50:59 AM
Yeah, Husky did some research and found that 97% of 395xp's were purchased by homeowners :D :D

That right there is some funny chit.  :D teeter_totter

Chris J

Quote from: barbender on February 15, 2011, 09:50:59 AM

:D :D :D

I'm glad that I didn't have my mouth full when I read this.

:D :D :D
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

barbender

I hope it was good for a chuckle ;D
Too many irons in the fire

SawTroll

My current Husky dealer fixed my 339xp on warranty over 3 years after I bought it, and I didn't even buy it from him!    8) 8) 8)

He had to fix the intake to the cylinder, and replace the carb.

Warrany is 2 years here, officially.
Information collector.

saw_nut

How do Stihl/Husky etc get around the 2 year EPA manditory warranty on all 1999 and newer hand held off road engines? Applies to engine and all emission related components.

Ianab

I think the EPA rules only relate to the exhaust emissions. The engine must still comply with the regs after "x" hours of use.

If the saw wont start, it's emissions are zero, so it's not the EPAs problem.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!