iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pentagon = Flying Eagle With American Flag In It's Talons

Started by Autocar, January 11, 2012, 08:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Five years ago I had a chainsaw carver contact me about a big white oak log at least seven feet long. That same summer I had a job and there was a white oak that had a sharp sweep in it. It turned out to be a seven foot log and then it straightened out . He left it set one year then cut a few cuts to the design then left it set another year. This past week he contacted me he had it done I called the farmer and they came over and we rode over to his place. Its a eagle thats flying with a American flag in it's talons all carved out of one peace of wood. It was on display a few days in a town south of me but in a few weeks it will be at the Pentagon which it will call home. I have some pictures of it but there not very good I had the light from the window coming in . Pretty sure it will be on the net somewhere in the near future, other wise I can e-mail the pictures of it to someone and they can post it. My new years resolution is to figure this picture posting process out.
Bill

Carpenter

That would be pretty neat to have some part in a statue for the pentagon!  Can't wait to see the pics.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!