HD36 sawhead problem

Started by Kllisk, August 17, 2018, 07:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kllisk

HD36 sawhead problem
I went through all the steps up to lumber scale calibration, had my clearance on blade guides this was all done with the adjustable blade at the widest position, went to adjust blade guide in and felt resistance, spun the blade and could hear it rubbing ceramics.This all because the sawhead shelf is unlevel but has to be to make the blade level with the bunks. Thought well I will level the adjustable blade guide under the sawhead shelf but then the detent system that holds the blade guide in place is locked because it is mounted to the gaurd bracket.

Kllisk

I had called Norwood Monday and talked to Tom about it, he said he needed to do some research,he did not call Tue. so I called him today Wed. and he directed me to release blade tension and drive belt tension then tightened blade and gave it a few spins and I heard a thunk,checked level and it was a lot better (not perfect).Called him back and he directed me to shim down the top of the pivot bolt on drive axle with washers. Walla almost perfect!!! Now moveable blade guide only pushes down maybe two paper thicknesses when all the way in. Slowly learning these are not precision machines!! And a thanks goes out to Tom@Norwood