iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ash Picnic Table

Started by DWyatt, February 09, 2021, 08:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWyatt

My latest quick project is done. A 7' long Ash picnic table and a strong recommendation for it to be an inside the barn picnic table so it doesn't turn to mush in 2 years. Two coats of General Finishes Outdoor Oil for the finish. It will nicely match the 12' one I built the customer's dad last summer. They are loggers and the ash was a log they kept and had milled by someone else 6 years ago and it has been on sticks drying ever since. The person who milled it must've had a hell of a time because it had 3/8" waves in it when I planed it down and all cleaned up at ~1 1/4" ::) :o

alan gage

Looks great! Glad I don't have to move it.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

WDH

Ash is such beautiful wood. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

Really nice.  It looks a mile long in that second pic.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DWyatt

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 09, 2021, 09:15:29 PM
Really nice.  It looks a mile long in that second pic.
12' long felt a mile long when I had to move the dang thing in the shop by myself! 

Brad_bb

Now you can build one from SYP for outside  ;D
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

samandothers

The grain in that first picture sure looks good!  Does the table have finish on it in all 3 pictures?  The first one looks as if it has finish but I was not sure about the others.  

As Danny stated it is beautiful wood.

SwampDonkey

A dandy rugged picnic table. I notice you boys south of the line like stuff big and rugged. ;D

Maybe it's because you guys didn't grow up loading rail cars with potato sacks, and that would have been the 3rd time by then that the sacks was sacked. :D :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

No, but loading square bales of hay onto a wagon and stacking them in the barn accomplishes the exact same thing. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Yes, indeed. Done that to. In between sack'n spuds. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DWyatt

Quote from: samandothers on February 15, 2021, 09:30:52 PM
The grain in that first picture sure looks good!  Does the table have finish on it in all 3 pictures?  The first one looks as if it has finish but I was not sure about the others.  

As Danny stated it is beautiful wood.
Yes, all 3 pictures have finish. The first two are the 7' table and the last is the 12' table. The lights in my shop make it hard to see that it's finished.

Old Greenhorn

Both are beautiful tables. I'll bet if you put 3 coats of oil polyurethane on the they would hold up just fine in the weather. Just set the 4 legs on patio blocks to keep them out of the soil. 
 Pretty tables, yes sir.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!