iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barko 80 and some hyd questions.

Started by Baygall, April 21, 2022, 12:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baygall

Hello all, this will be my first post here and was hoping I could get some help fixing my barko 80. I purchased a truck mounted barko 80 a week about without the power unit. The loader still has its original hyd pump with 3 ports hooked up just laying to the side. I recently bought another power unit off a Dunham 850 complete with bell housing and 6 port pump, 3 stage is the correct terminology I believe.  Is this possible to use? If so what would you do with the unused ports? I know this pump is way bigger than needed but since i have a matching pump, shaft, housing and engine I would like to use it to save from building a housing and trying to locate a shaft that would fit.

Grandpa

I would use the pump that goes with the loader. If I remember correctly a Barko 80 has different size sections in the pump to make the main and stick booms work together at the proper speeds.

The correct gallons per minute is important, otherwise you either have a slow loader or hot oil.

Baygall

Thanks, I may have found someone local that has a bell housing and shaft. I will go in the next day or two to see what he has. Does anyone know where I can get a shaft at if he doesn't have one?

barbender

I can't help, but, I must say that is a lot of loader sitting on that truck!
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Baygall, welcome to the forum.
That's a nice looking truck it's mounted on!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Baygall

Thanks, it's mounted on a 1993 Chevy 3500 HD. That model is a true HD not like others made later on. It was only made 2/3 years and is set up like a 1.5 or 2 ton.

Thank You Sponsors!