iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2022 garden beds

Started by Bruno of NH, April 23, 2022, 12:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mart

Quote from: hersnsh#590 on April 28, 2022, 08:28:30 PM
Question for mart.  How do you move them and get them into your enclosure?

Good looking structures and a good idea on the snow and ice liner.

Dale
I use the tractor with the pallet forks. I don't have the garden fenced yet so I can come in from the end with the beds. I'll place one then use the bucket on the tractor to fill the bed. Repeat with the next bed. I'll put three more in the garden area then fence it to keep the moose out. 
I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

WV Sawmiller

They look real well built but isn't that the same basic design for a casket as used up there in the glaciated north? :D Good luck with your farming.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SwampDonkey

Never seem to have moose bother garden vegetables, but they will chew apple branches for sure.

They have had to thin the herd out a bit here in recent years though. There was just one bull hanging around at the woodlot most of the winter, kinda moved to another area in March, but back this month.

This is probably 100 yards from the garden. ;D

Saw 3 live ones the other day when working out beyond civilization and one dead one in a harvest trail.

We have more trouble with these woodchucks, turkeys and pheasants. The birds like to fluff in the soft garden dirt. You get a hen with chicks and.........:D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gere Flewelling

Swampdonkey-  Are those windmills in the background on Mars Hill?  If so, I drive by them on my way to Crousville ME.  They are a pretty awesome site from the west side of the hill.  I am sure those moose can prune an apple tree pretty high up if they desire. 
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

Crossroads

Those look good Bruno, I have quite a bit of t&g pine that might work well for that. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Bruno of NH

Sold 2 beds yesterday 
10 by closing time 1:00 today
Got an order for 4 big ones for Tuesday 
Haven't herd back from the 2 farm stands that sell them if they will need more.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Old Greenhorn

You go man! I could make a living off those kinds of orders.
 It's impressive the way you have marketed those into great filler product!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Bruno of NH

If I ever have the time a have a couple of ideas for some more value added products. 
I'm going to make this business successful to show all the haters how it can be done.
I think some folks are shocked when they hit the mill yard how much is going on.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Bruno, what you have accomplished is amazing and inspirational.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

barbender

If the haters only knew how much free motivation they provide, I think they'd probably give up on it😊
Too many irons in the fire

beenthere

Who are the haters? Have not noticed any.  

Keep up the good work.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bruno of NH

Quote from: beenthere on May 14, 2022, 07:51:01 PM
Who are the haters? Have not noticed any.  

Keep up the good work.
BT,
Not here 
This forum is like family to me
The best support system anyone can have
Mostly old so called friends who thrive on negativity 

Wlmedley

Do you think white oak would work well for planters?Don't have any cedar around here.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Bruno of NH

Quote from: Wlmedley on May 14, 2022, 11:08:40 PM
Do you think white oak would work well for planters?Don't have any cedar around here.
Yes 
I have used some last year

SwampDonkey

My brother is going full bore on raised bed gardening. He and his woman have back issues so that's the motivation and they like to garden. My back isn't the best, but I'm stubborn. ;) :D

I watch a fellow on Youtube in Australia and his whole back yard is full of raised beds. He does composting to, which I'd like to do, but I have enough to tend now besides working for a living. I don't need any more work. ;D

Love your raised bed design. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Gere Flewelling on April 29, 2022, 07:49:02 AM
Swampdonkey-  Are those windmills in the background on Mars Hill?  If so, I drive by them on my way to Crousville ME.  They are a pretty awesome site from the west side of the hill.  I am sure those moose can prune an apple tree pretty high up if they desire.
@Gere Flewelling , yes they are. I can also see the Oakfield windmills from here, below Houlton.

Ask anyone here in Royalton, NB about wind, it's always blowing. :D

WDH

I need to ash you a question about the plant in the foreground ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Yes, a black ash. ;D That thing is probably 60 years old and maybe 4", been in full sun for 40 years. Rings the size of your finger nail. :D

Thank You Sponsors!