iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer decking

Started by dail_h, May 11, 2005, 08:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I know it's been asked a gajillion times,but I lack the memory,to remember it,and the smarts to find it. anyway,a guy wants some oak 2x6s out of the pallet logs I'm cutting,and I ain't got a clue what to charge him.
     Thanks
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Jason_WI

I charge $1 bf for green decking, usually white ash.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

sawyerkirk

We typically charge $.85  for mill run trailer decking. I say mill run, but we keep the junk. We usually only saw oak for deck boards.

maple flats

what kind of log are you sawing? If you have any elm it is excellent but there isn't much around nowdays. Elm twists real bad if not fastened down but it is real tuff even with dozers cleats trying to tear it up.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

mike_van

I'll second the Elm, Maple Flats, there just aren't any left big enough now. I did one deck out of White Oak, I had enough logs to keep the best planks for stair treads etc. Charged 1.00 bf for all the rest.  Another I did out of Red Oak was a trade - I did his deck while he dug 200' of ditch & buried 6" pipe for me.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

woodmills1

I sell red oak trailer decking and truck sides for $1.25 delivered to repeat customers and as much as $2.00 for first timers.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!