iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you ID this tire ?

Started by brent373, May 07, 2012, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brent373

Hi Guys,

Just looking for a little help Id'ing the front tire in the picture. The size is 23.1 x 26 if that helps at all.

Thanks a bunch !

(not sure if I uploaded photo properly, please tell me if not accessible) :)

Maine372

beenthere

Check out the "Behind the Forum" forum listed under "Home", and you will see the procedure that is pretty easy to follow.

You did fine getting your pics in the gallery, and now just need to scroll down on that gallery pic to where it says "Insert this Image in Post" blue button. Click on "Preview" to see if you are good to go. What you see in Preview is what you will see in your Post.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

There's my rock hauler!!! Is that an old Franklin,what year?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

grassfed

Based on the angle of the chevrons it looks more like an Ag type tire than a skidder tire to me. I have seen Good Year AG tires on Combines that are that size and look similar to what I can see in the picture  of course they should say Good Year on them so ???
Mike

Decked

Im gonna vote goodyear too. I ran firestone forestry specials, didn't look quite like that.

lumberjack48

Looks like a Carlisle AG tire
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

brent373

Why yes it is an old franklin, Im not sure of the year.. Im looking to possibly purchase the machine so dont have all the details yet. My first thoughts were also that it looked like an AG tire, but the fellow I spoke to told me it was a forestry tire, but did not know the brand. Thanks for the input everyone :)

logger t

looks like the old general tires
loggert

treefarmer87

thats a neat prehauler :) not sure about the tires ??? some sort of ag tire maybe.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

snowstorm

you gotta get up on the roof to run the crane???? there is one sorrta like that one around here. that runs from the inside even has 2 seats  1 for the crane 1 to drive

donny hochstetler

years ago we had a 170 xl franklin someone talked us into putting on rie n cane tires I suppose they were designed for combines I dont think they lasted more than a year I still remember the last one blowing out back tire going up the open skid trail what a noise the cutter came walking out thought someone was shootin :D :)

treefarmer87

wonder what model prentice it could be? ???
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!