iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Down memory lane.

Started by thecfarm, October 09, 2013, 09:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Just back to April 11 2004. I had forgot about this link. No pictures,but the write up really made us sound good.

http://m.sunjournal.com/node/190984

The article also has where thecfarm user name came from.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Shotgun

Neat article, Ray & Brenda.  I enjoyed it.  Thanks for posting the URL, Ray.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

terry f

The phrase "living the dream" applies here.

sandhills

Very nice Ray!  It's really nice to read those sort of articles when you live in amongst all the "mega farms" or what ever you want to call them.

Paul_H

I enjoyed the read and am happy for you both.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

JohnM

Well, that seals it, Ray, I gotta come down and check this place out!  Great write-up!

John
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

thecfarm

We no longer have the green house,nor the animals!! The wife got into a bad wreck years ago. All the looking up at the hanging baskets,watering them,dead heading them was pinching the nerve in her neck,maybe. The "spells" were coming back. Went to see the doctor and told him what she was doing. He said,That is not a good thing. So we closed it up. We do miss it,money wise too.  ;D And we miss the animals ALOT. But the price of grain is so high now. With the chickens,ducks and geese it's a battle to fight of all off the diners that want to eat at The C Farm.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

giant splinter

A very nice article indeed, well done and thanks for sharing it. GS
roll with it

fishpharmer

Ray, thanks for sharing that nice article about you and your "little Amish girl."  You are one of the lucky ones, finding your slice of paradise on earth.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WmFritz

Very nice write-up, Ray. smiley_thumbsup
I wish I had a few neighbor's around me like You and Brenda.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

thecfarm

I must admit the reporter was some relation to Tom. She could write. We just sat at the table and I told her about the place.
The dump rake,Brenda tried to kill me. She was driving her tractor,a small BX Kubota, might be 40 inches wide. The rake is about 8 feet wide? This is a rake with a seat in the middle,those old cast iron ones. Have to pick the rake part up with a long handle and dump the hay.Anyways wider than her tractor. She started off,me on the rake. Either she forgot the rake stuck out about 3 feet on each side or she wanted to ran me into the stone wall.  :o  I started to hollar at her. She had no idea why I was doing that.  ::)

beenthere

:D :D :D
Know the trials of putting the wife on the tractor...
but putting her on the rake while you drive would have just been another set of things to get excited about..   ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

justallan1

I would enjoy reading stories like that all day.
Thanks for sharing, Ray.

Allan

isawlogs

That was a good read. Thanks for putting a smile on my face   :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

hardtailjohn

Great write up on great people!  Wish there were more in the world like you!  Thanks for sharing that!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

mesquite buckeye

Very cool. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WildDog

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

MrPete

Nice article cfarm! Are you right off route 156.  The description of your property bring to mind a place I admire everytime I drive by.

thecfarm

I'm off the Chesterville Ridge Road. Gordon Hill Road,a dead end dirt road.Just before the Fayette and County line. I own land in 2 towns and counties. I think I know where you mean. There is an abandoned farm with 2 big blue silos across the road from that place. I like that place too. They have goats next to the barn. Have rabbits for sale at times. We have talked to them at the local Fair.

Peter Drouin

Nice story cfarm It's nice your dad gave you a big start in life to live your dream
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

I always told him I was going to have a house right where I said. Neither parent ever got to see my dream come true. My Father would of enjoyed my sawmill. We looked at many while he was alive. I know he would be happy to see the old pasture being claimed back. We talked about it,but it's hard when not living here.

ET

Ray, I really enjoyed reading your story. It's taken me 32 years to acquire my 70 acres that i now call home. My 2 girls grew up here when we only had the 5 acre homestead. I would love to be able to leave it to them when were gone cus its so hard to afford land anymore for the average person.

Nice story and keep sawing.
Ernie
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

thecfarm

We did buy back 7 acres of the old farm a few years ago. Like to buy another 20 acres back too.

Thank You Sponsors!