iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Caught Crooks with my new video camera system

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, July 10, 2014, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Installed home security video cameras back in August of 2013. Wife thought it was overkill and that we lived in real safe area, by i told her you can never be too careful.

This past Monday at 2:15 in the morning, 5 teens hit our block looking for open cars to steal from.

They even put gloves on and were bold enough to ignore motion activated flood lights. What the idiots failed to do was check for the presence of security cameras, a mistake they will regret.

The tall one who entered the truck, and who is over 18 years old, has already be identified and is being questioned by police. Should have them all soon.

All they took was two containers of Tic Tacs and a $1.99 led flashlight. Kind of stupid to get a permanent police record over two packages of Tic Tacs and a flashlight. :D

http://youtu.be/ZLMEySJ4czU
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Den Socling

What are kids that age doing out at 2:15 AM? Some look very young. The bold brats have plenty of trouble now.

Warbird

Nice catch.  Try locking your doors?  Then if they break a window you get them on even more charges.

r.man

Nothing good happens after 2 am. I was gratified to hear a cousin and a friend of my daughter talk about life after work, what they feel like doing after a full days labour.....nothing. The young fellow was saying to me one evening that after work he didn't feel like going out or doing anything he was just too tired. Those five young lads need a day job and then we would know where they were at 2 am. Asleep.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Ron Scott

~Ron

reswire

We both know what the courts will do, a stern lecture and a warning not to do it again.   I'd prefer for them to get a couple hundred hours of community service.   That would do wonders for the wayward young men. ;D ;D
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

In Arkansas for it to be evidence, you have to have a sign posting that you have video surveylance.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Do they require no trespassing signs on the cars too?  That seems to me a ridiculous law.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

uplander

Very good security video. Most of the time when I see them they are grainy and hard to get a good look at.
How about a little info on your system?.
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

LeeB

Didn't say I thought it was a good law, just metioned it. I don't have any video surveylance. I have dogs and projectile emiting devises.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

goose63

Those punks are lucky it was your place and not mine the old shot gun with rock salt works wonders and the sheriff wont say any thing
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

beenthere

Their parents and lawyers may win all kinds of lawsuits tho.   ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Den Socling

I know where you're coming from bt, but that is one of the things wrong with our legal system. Rock salt in the butts of those brats should be encouraged.

beenthere

I don't disagree about the need for "penalty" be it a good whipping, capital punishment (a cane stick), or whatever.

Just that society rears up on their hind legs as do parents who think their little kiddies have done no wrong.
So if the rock salt takes out an eye, then someone is going to pay big time.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

glassman_48

busy beaver lumber,
good job, I am hoping they get a ton of community service, when I was 15, some of us went out in our neighbor hood and soaped windows, threw toilet paper in trees etc.  Nothing like stealing, but when I got caught that night my dads foot in my butt cured me and i never did that again. 

Den Socling

That's what they need. The parents are responsible. Again, what were they doing looking for trouble at 2:15 AM? Pain should be had for all!

GAB

Quote from: LeeB on July 11, 2014, 07:06:22 AM
projectile emiting devises.

I kind of like that term.
I refer to the projectiles as high speed telegrams.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

drobertson

This is a very clear video.  It just gives me the creeps thinking what all goes on when the lights go out.   These young'uns  have very little ambition at this point in their life,  I hope they get a rounded education.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

easymoney

it looks like the law is on the side of the crooks. what should we expect as most of our laws are written by career criminals. or should i say politicians. :) you are not allowed to shoot someone for stealing your stuff.

Skip

Rocky_Ranger

What kind of system do you have?  I have a dropcam pro and it is very clear too.  Night vision is excellent - equipped with sound - both ways.  You can scare the crap out of folks when you tell the wife to grab the shotgun  :D
RETIRED!

doctorb

It's better to catch them with a camera than with buckshot.  You'll regret shooting some underage kid whose broken into your car, even if it's only birdshot in the derrier.  I'm not saying they don't deserve it.  I am saying that taking the law into your own hands with a deadly weapon when your own life is not threatened will be a loser - for you - in court.

Nice catch with the camera!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

CHARLIE

Those kids probably don't realize it yet, but your video camera may have caused some of those five kids to take a look at their lives and the "friends" they keep and make some life deciding decisions for the better.

In my opinion, the best thing the Judge could do would be to plop their tiny hinies in a jail cell for about a week. Feed them lima beans and rice for breakfast, take them out to work all day cleaning roadways and feed them lima beans and rice for supper. Then have them write a letter of apology to be printed in the local newspaper.  Hopefully, the parents will take further action.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

LeeB

I like lima beans and rice. I'll pass on the road work and bubba wanting you to be his play toy.

Thank You Sponsors!