iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just another bench

Started by Dave H., May 15, 2015, 06:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

7  months in the planning,3 weeks to build.finished today,will delivery  sat morn. this is a 50th wedding aniversery plesent to my parents. in the tree carving  is a family tree.this cherry is from the very first logsi cut up with my mill. my (middle )daughter drew the tree ,wrote in the names,painted some,i carved and painted.

these are bookend matches turned the same way.

nice figure on the end

back side

view from the top showing how the curve of the seat goes underneith  the top.

hackberry jake

smiley_applause Job Well Done!!!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

stanwelch

That my friend is one fine bench  8) 8). Mom and Dad will be proud
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Dad2FourWI

AWESOME job!!!!!

They will love it and will appreciate all the effort and love that went into making it!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

Not "just another bench", that is a beauty and a real family keepsake. Well done. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LaneC

I agree. Not just another bench, that is Superb ;D. I do not think I have used that word on here before, but that is very nice, and what makes it special is that it sounds like it come from the heart. A very nice gift indeed.
Man makes plans and God smiles

bama20a

Can I be your parent? ;D That is great.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

drobertson

Just plane flat a beauty!   Pretty certain Momma will shed a tear of joy with this one,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

buzywoodliff

Very
Very
Nice

Thanks for sharing

justallan1

Simply beautiful and a priceless gift for darned sure.
Great job.

Alcranb

With all due respect, that's not "just another" bench! That is outstanding!! A real heirloom.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

rasman57

They may get a few gifts but I am certain none will be more meaningful.  What a cool idea and great execution!  Heirloom is right!  Great pics !

Delawhere Jack

Your parents raised a good son. Very nice work.

bama20a

It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The Old Goat could take a nap on that bench. Good job!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

As everyone stated that's not just another bench!  Beautiful work there, puff out your chest and be proud!

Magicman

That bench is very nicely done and truly is a work of art.  Also, Congratulations on the 50th anniversary!!   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jueston

beautiful work, the finish looks great too. all around a great job!  :)

78NHTFY

Now THAT's an heirloom!  And a gorgeous one at that.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!