iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3-53 Running

Started by larry1, August 11, 2015, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry1

Well today the old girl fired up with 40 lbs oil pressure and there is only heat coming out of the exhaust pipe --no smoke . Thanks for all the trouble shooting . The blower was not tripped , and I think she just had trouble getting fuel to the injectors from sitting so long .  Next is to hook up drive shafts , check winch , brakes and all that good stuff .

tj240

look on your blower there is an emergency shut off on some. that may have been tripped.  it looks like a small latch, i have had it happen before. good luck
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Stang51D

They can be a little tricky to get primed.   I like to get everything as full of fuel as I can, filters and such, then take the line from the primary filter to the pump off at the filter.   Hold it up and fill it with fuel, then start cranking.  It will start easy, once it does, stick the line on a jug of fuel and run until it smooths out good, then kill it and put the line back on.  When you restart it, give it hell.  It will get a slug of air but should pull out of it.    If it dies, just do it all over again until it hangs in there.    That's the way I do it any way.

snowstorm

or blow air into the fuel tank. if you have an air compressor close by

bushmechanic

My money is on the blower flap tripped. If it is smoking then it's getting fuel but no air.

Scott Garrett

Mine was the same way . Blower shut off was tripped. Reset the blower shut off Blow air in the tank with a rag around the hole to keep air pressure in the tank with the fuel line off as soon as fuel comes out of the line plug it back in to the filter and have some one crank her over . It should fire up. Good luck with it
If you love your freedom,thank a veteran.

tantoy

I unbolted the fuel pump and spun it with a cordless drill with a 3/8" adapter and watch the return to the tank. Basically checking fuel in the lines. Easy to do if you don't have hard lines running to fuel pump.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

dustyhat

Im not much of a mec, but we had similar problem . ran good one week , came back a week later to work, guy started the skidder and it made a little chug sound and died.it would spin and just put out raw fuel but would never start . another mec said we lost compression , we changed heads, gaskets and then injecters no fix, then a guy said we got water in. we tore it down and sure enough we had a bent rod . i dont no but i hope you dident get water in. hope its something simple. you can check compression . but i cant remember how you do it.        and i hope you can make sense out of what i typed. because im not very good at this.

dustyhat

Im sorry late as usual, just found your other threads didint know it was a fresh motor.

larry1

Qh no , it's not a fresh engine . In fact it sat for a few years and the first few cranks blew brown dust out . So tomorrow I'll check the blower trip, and remove the valve cover to crack the fuel lines and check for pressure .

Thanks guys

Thank You Sponsors!